My wife and I were looking for someplace near the great beaches of Kohala to spend our second week on the island. We were able to get into the Shores on a timeshare exchange.
We had a one bedroom unit. The unit is good sized, although the kitchen layout was very odd. Only one person at a time could get into or out of it. The appliances were new and in good shape, The unit was clean, and the bed was pretty comfortable, although the pillows were terrible. After the first night, we ended up going and buying cheap pillows at Walmart and those were much better. The shower was great, and was probably the largest walk in shower of any unit we have ever rented.
The pool and spa were well maintained. There wasn't much shade around the pool, but we were there for the sun. A-bay beach, which is the nearest beach isvery nice for hanging out at and spending the day. The public access area is better than farther down at the Marriot, Thee are palm trees to provide some shade and fewer people. If you want to do paddle boarding, or kayaking, the shop in front of the marriott is very helpful and average price. To the left of the public access and the lava lava club is a good area for snorkeling. Turtles also seem to haul up on the beach there also, we saw 4-5 each day we walked down there.
A better beach for boogie boarding is Hapuna beach about 10 miles up the coast through.
Overall, it was a good place to stay, and we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A view of the golf course can be as exhilarating as a view of the ocean. Located on the sun-drenched Kohala Coast between the King's Course and the Beach Course in Waikoloa Resort, this resort features suites and golf villas with large lanais and full kitchens. Guests have access to the nearby shops, restaurants, and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston Shores at Waikoloa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Shores At Waikoloa Hotel Waikoloa
- Resortquest Shores Waikoloa
- Shores Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Shores