“Not as great as it looks!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise from Waikoloa
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Waikoloa
More attraction details
Owner description: Expand your expectations, satisfy your senses with the unbounded experience of a great Big Island resort. Splash, surf, stroll on the sand, or set off on a shopping safari for everything under the sun. Sip and savor delicious food and drink. Relax in luxurious surroundings at four-star hotels and tropical condos. Or, release your inner champion on two unbelievable Big Island golf courses. Celebrate occasions year-round with ethnic customs and cultures, and listen to the music of the moment, the heartbeat of hula, the stories of kumu, crafting lasting memories.Waikoloa Beach Resort at legendary Anaehoomalu surrounds you with a sense of place. Let the place embrace you.
Sheridan, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not as great as it looks!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The website makes everything look good, but our room was very small, smelled musty and the floors were gross, I felt like I needed to wear my shoes the whole time. We didn't get the rooms we requested when we booked our trip so we were on different floors totally away from each other. We got lucky and there were some cancelations for the luau so we got to attend that in which was overpriced for what it was. For how much this stay cost I expected a lot more than what it was. I would never stay at this resort again...

2 Thank Nicole G

Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“If you like Sun, People and Beaches this sides for you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Waikoloa Beach Villa which has beautiful landscape, quiet units backing onto Waikoloa golf course. Gated community with two outdoor pools. Clean and well maintained. Right across from Waikoloa Villas, Queens marketplace shopping and further done within walking distance Kings marketplace. Evening strolls are the best with less crowds, cooler breezes and a good workout. You could walk to A - beach but not if you plan to brings supplies with you, drive. The only down side is the busyness. Since the island is so big we spent a week on the east coast and then spent the next week on the west. The atmosphere on the east is so low pace and had a more old Hawaiian feel, as the west side although more sun...more people. So I personally found it too busy for me, but 2 / 3 of my kids liked this side more. I guess that is what makes the Big Island so special, there's something for everyone.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Monika V
Omaha, Nebraska
“Truly paradise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Not one thing to complain about.......the place is paradise!!! Lush, tropical landscapes, beautiful ocean views, phenominal staff and amenities!!

Visited November 2013
walnut creek, ca
“Beautiful Landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very large room in the Ocean Tower/Ocean view room.
Lovvvveed the birds singing in the tower outside on the palm trees. We understand some of the hotel guests don't like it as too noisy, but we intentionally cracked the front door open every morning to hear them chirping. Best part in the ocean tower, I think.
I am not sure how often that they change the sheets, though, as I found my own hair in the bed everyday in the evening when i turned down the bed. And, ketchup from earlier guests(s) on the inner curtain . Yuck.. Housekeeping is why I didn't give a 5 star.

Visited December 2013
Orange County, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Once a year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We first stayed here in 1995 and it quickly became our favorite get away. We have come back at least once a year now for 18 years. Love everything about the resort...but my morning walk around the beautiful grounds is something I dream about when we are not here. When our daughter was young she loved it - swimming with the dolphins - swimming with the turtles in the lagoon it's a kids paradise. Now she is married and is starting the same tradition.

Visited April 2013