“Delicious meal at Roy's”

Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious meal at Roy's”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The service was very professional and the food was delicious. Our waiter was able to suggest excellent wine pairings.

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent, as Usual”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

There were 6 in my dinner party. The Mai Tai's were strong and satisfying (I enjoyed 2). The Hawaiian/Pacific Fusion items change regularly so I was disappointed there were no Tempura appetizers available so the server inquired to the kitchen and what-do-you know? Shrimp Tempura for our table was specially made. The fish entrees were outstanding then we all settled in on the dessert selections - 5 out 6 ordered the Chocolate Souffle. The person who didn't order the Chocolate wished he had - his desert was very good, just not to the standards of the Souffle!

This is a popular restaurant so reservations are a must!

Mountain View, California
“Great food and service, decor nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Roy's Waikoloa. I read reviews online and ordered the butterfish, which really doesn't look like much but tastes incredible -- a mix of fish, soy, and ginger. He had a white fish crusted with macadamia nuts, which was good was a distant second to my butterfish. Cocktails were well-prepared, and the wine by the glass list was OK. Service was excellent, fast, and friendly. The restaurant is loud, and the decor is plain. Prices are high, but the food is much better than what we had at restaurants in the nearby resorts, with the exception of Brown's Beach House at the Fairmont which is well worth the drive.

We wore shorts and polo shirts, and we fit right in. Thankfully, you can eat at pretty much any restaurant in Hawaii while wearing shorts and sandals, even at these prices.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Very Fine Dining”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Excellent all the way around, food, service and wait staff. This restaurant knows the meaning of service. Will definitely visit again as well as recommend friends. If there is one detraction, it's the price. While the food and service is great, the price is high. I do realize where it's located but I have traveled around the world and don't see these prices at some of the fine dining places I've eaten. I hope that the staff get compensated accordingly!

Chicago, Illinois
“Barely Average Food for Price”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

In King's shops, was suggest by local hotel to try this place. Not sure why. The food was very average for the price (>$100) my wife and I paid. I had the duck plate. Plenty of duck but not somewhat bland. I've had much better. My wife had the night's special and she felt the same about the tastiness. Then again we ate somewhat late so maybe their staff was tired by the time we got there and didn't care as much about service or quality (hope I'm wrong on this). And again Mmybe I'm jaded with all the fine restaurants we have in Chicago area. But comparatively we didn't think Roy's held up to our expectations about what a better restaurant is all about. Had much better meal at Napua at Mauna Lani beach club for just a few more dollars.