“The Jewel in the Crown !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueo's Osteria

Pueo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pueo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Barbara, California
“The Jewel in the Crown !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Who would have thought in a little place like Waikoloa one would find this gem !
But upon learning that both the Chef and the Manager had come from the Four Seasons Hualalai,
We knew we were in for a special treat ---more special than you can imagine !
The decor and ambiance are so inviting, as was the warm greeting from the hostess, who seated us at our table immeadiatly--and the menu ! What food and what presentation !
Everything we have tried in our numerous visits has been extraordinary---a Chicken Mialanese, which melts in your mouth, local fish prepared exceptionally--what a joy to dine here!
Plus the fact that our server, Cece , made the evening perfect ! !

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Have eaten at Pueo's Osteria on many occassions and the food has always been excellent. The problem I usually have is selecting what I want to eat. Everything is always sooo delicious.Never have we been disappointed. The wait staff is knowledgeable about the meals which is very important because my husband has severe lactose intolerant and they inform us on what he can and can't eat. They will also modify dishes for him to eat. The owners or the genera manager always come by to ask how everything was, which makes you feel special and important.The atmosphere is very warm. I especially like the stained glass window that is on the wall. I also like using their rest rooms, I love how they have the scented candles in the ladies room. You don't feel like you are in a public rest room.
Went there for Easter dinner. It was absolutsely fantastic. I had the Easter dinner 5 course meal. What a deal! Eggplant rolentine- excellent can't wait to go and have some more. Kale salad was very good and I don't normally like kae. Grilled fish with risooto,peppardelle with spicy lamb ragout, also both excellent and raicotta cheesecake for dessert.

Vancouver, Canada
“INCREDIBLE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

went here tonight on the recomendation of TripAdvisor. THANK YOU other travelers! Was a most incredible meal. My husband and I shared the bruschetta, Buratta, Kale salad and the Chicken Milanese, all were outstanding. Leaving tmrw night on the red eye, will be coming here for dinner before we leave. Great service, wonderful specials, a real gem, a "don't miss"
=)

Binghamton
“Pueo's Osteria”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The restaurant was not worth the price even though we were in Hawaii. We were not impressed for $17 for 17 gnocchi. You pay extra for bread and salad. "Chef" was not happy that my husband ordered the fettucini from the kid's menu - "Chef" said did he want meatballs or anything else and it was an additional charge so we did not receive the meatballs. We would not go back. The waitress and "chef" were not happy with us since we wanted to have a red/marinara pasta sauce & they wanted us to have their "special" pasta sauce which was not what we wanted. We know now to leave when we see a menu with items that we would not want or would have to special order.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen D
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Where's the bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I was a little surprised after receiving a detailed description of the special that the only ingredient I do not like was left out of the description and it was loaded with it. The other thing that surprised me is what Italian restaurant doesn't serve bread to slop up the sauce with?!