“The Dinner after Mauna Kea Dec. 13”
Review of Pueo's Osteria

Pueo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pueo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a great dinner after visiting Mauna Kea. The four of us, (brother and wife) enjoyed our meal very much. The restaurant is delightful and I would recommend it to anyone visiting the island or to the locals. I have been going to the big island for many years and must say, it was a pleasure since all at the restaurant were there to serve...Bob Riehl, Oak Hill, VA

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I read through the reviews before making a reservation and I was looking forward to a tasty meal. Erica who checked us in, and Courtney, our server, were pleasant. I give them high marks.

However, the food was in the mediocre range:
- the "focaccia" bread was lackluster and didn't resemble focaccia bread as I know it and have made it.
- the gnocchi was flavorless.
- the pear, walnut & Gorgonzola salad was ok. I think it had dressing; I couldn't tell.
- the chicken cannelloni was ok.

One person in my group gave a rating of 2, another a rating of 2.5. My rating is a 3. I was expecting more. My socks didn't need to be knocked off. But, good flavor would have been nice. Maybe it was an off night.

2  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were there last night and throughly enjoyed the experience. We didn't reserve early enough so ate at the bar. There is a communal table which looked fun too. The bartender was gracious and helpful - being able to taste wines served by the glass is appreciated. Food was quite good. We also enjoyed meeting and talking to others - all of whom were locals.

Fun evening and a fabulous alternative to resort restaurants.

1  Thank Gourmand2013
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a small place. The food is quite good. The prices are very reasonable. The hostess however was really confused and it took over half an hour to seat us, even though we had a reservation and the tables were clearly empty and available. Then it took another half an hour to get any food on the table. This may be a relatively new place that is just working out its kinks. But they really need a hostess who's a little more on the ball.

2  Thank PiermontMS
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having travelled to Italy twice this year, we are very impressed by this authentic Italian cuisine. Chef Jim uses locally sourced ingredients, and creates wonderful sauces to accompany them. Try the tagliatelle and the chicken milanese. Both are delicious. We also appreciate the good wines, and quality wine glasses in which to serve them. We would recommend this new and rising restaurant to our best friends.....Courtney our server also deserves mention for her friendly and helpful service. We understand the wine creator Robert Mondavi was seated at the next table, and it was his third visit to the restaurant. Congratulations!

1  Thank Danny-Dianne T