“Not Your Average Resort Burger or Restaurant”
Review of Pueo's Osteria

Pueo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pueo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I'm a burger snob. I also live in Waikoloa Village part time, so having a good place to eat and drink and walk home is a already a big win.

But then, to my great joy, a burger worthy of its price and in a place that is not just a good place to eat...a GREAT place to eat...full bar, open late, carefully selected wine list, local fresh ingredients, FRESH PASTA (watched Chef making from my bar seat...that's dinner and a show for a foodie.) Above all else, not pretentious or fancy!!!

Now for the burger...the Tuscan Burger..SOOOO messy but sooooo yummy....local beef, bruschetta tomatoes, balsamic onions, provolone,fresh baked bun, house-made tuscan fries with spicy garlic chile aiol. Winner! For the record, I am a huge fan of Village Burger in Waimea (theirs topped with chipotle goat cheese and wasabi mayo...gets me every time.) However, VB has been bested for best burger on the island. Thank you Chef Babian!

1  Thank gofazt

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Located in a small shopping center in Waikoloa Village. Our friends and I thoroughly enjoyed an assortment of fine food, brick oven pizza, homemade pasta, and flatbread. All were excellent. Our server, Courtney was friendly knowledgable, and attentive. Once we discovered this jewel, we ate there twice in one week.

2  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you're staying in any of the Waikoloa hotels or in the Mauna Lani area, please, Please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and make the 10 minute drive to Waikoloa Village and Pueo's Osteria. It's exactly as advertised -- great Italian food in a fun, casual atmosphere.

My wife and I shared the Bruschetta to start. The main taste that came through was: freshness. Very easy to eat and enjoy. My wife wanted a simple salad with some additions. When she asked if she could add a chicken breast and some capers, our waitress Courtney said, "Of course, no problem." It was exactly what my wife wanted. Again, quality and fresh were the two major thoughts.

I had the wild boar pappardelle which was delicious.

What's nice is the kitchen lets the fresh ingredients speak (or taste) for themselves without the need to add heavy sauces or dressings.

I was really happy to see the restaurant filling up on a Tuesday evening.

Again, please support this place; it deserves it. Please do yourself a favor and eat here.

1  Thank grahamc100
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had dinner last night and it was great. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and our cheerful, friendly server quickly took our drink order and filled us in on the special of the evening. The room was attractive and about 3/4 filled with young couples, families with kids and older adults, all enjoying their food. The pizza choices looked good. We considered the goat cheese and pancetta (unsmoked Italian bacon) but went with the mozzarella/arugula pizza instead. It had a great crispy crust and crispy prosciutto on it. It was a treat. We also shared the incredibly tender meatballs and an order of bruschetta topped with fresh, local tomatoes. For entrees we had the chicken cannelloni, veal parmesan and wild boar pappardelle. Tender chicken pieces were mixed with a rich cream sauce and rolled into tender pasta sheets. Then more sauce was added and the top slightly browned. The veal cutlets were very tender and perfectly coated and cooked. The wild boar was shredded and very tender and mixed with a very lightly sauced pasta. Dessert was a wonderfully light and tasty limoncello panne cotta. Wine prices by the glass were reasonable and the selection good.

Throughout the mean, in addition to attention by our server, a very attentive other woman circulated throughout the room cheerfully greeting all the guests and making sure the meal was to our liking. We thoroughly enjoyed this dinner and plan on eating here again on our next trip to the area. The late night bar menu looks appealing and that may have to be our next visit. We hope they keep up the good work!

1  Thank work_4_beans
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Pueo Osteria is located in Waikoloa Village--up the mountain road and not on the beach at the Waikoloa Resort. The owner/chef used to work at the Four Seasons Hualalai.

The breakfast and lunch items are very good and very reasonably priced compared to the resorts. The signature dish--Lemon-infused Pancakes--are especially good.

We have been here four times now, and each new dish is a treat.

I highly recommend Pueo if you are looking for a special place for brunch.

1  Thank BigIsleFoodie