“Very comfortable and enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueo's Osteria

Pueo's Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Pueo's Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maui
“Very comfortable and enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Had two meals, one a sit down, another take out pizza.
The pizza is a make it like you want it! A refreshing way that is available beyond the normal pizza menu. It was delicious from a wood burning pizza oven..,
The sit down was very nice, the wait help was attentive, and there was no rush to get you out of there. How relaxing. Food was very good,...salad and entrees and dessert. All very good.
The mussels were too small, I mean tiny! Other than that, try the wild boar, great!

• Visited November 2013

Banff, Canada
“Outstanding New Culinary Jewel for the Big Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

What a treat. Fabulous food and warm service. Having just returned from Italy it was not hard to compare the detail to culinary excellence that goes into each plate we enjoyed. Chef's use of local Hawaiian farm fresh products and Italian imports combined with homemade pasta and wood fired foccia,flatbread and pizza makes this place a real winner. My favourites include the Kampachi Crudo, a genius creation of Kampachi sashimi Italiano. I told my server that the Romaine Salad with Pear, Walnuts and Gorgonzola was the best I and ever had and it deserved a more upscale plating. Don't miss the Wild Boar Pappardelle, outstanding! Great homestyle warm service...I'll be back many times and have told friends and acquaintances I have met on this trip to seek out this new jewel.

Pinehurst
“Wow.....Four Seasons Loss is Kohala's Gain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a fantastic Italian meal, with Veal Marsala among the best.....the owner and staff are Four Season veterans who became entrepreneurial. Staff fantastic and location only a few miles from the crowd. Local meatballs a great app. Great value. Would recommend to friends and family.

4 Thank ritzytopaz
Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, United States
“Excellence and ambience in Waikoloa Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been to Pueo's Osteria many, many times since it first opened its doors. Each and every time, we have been greeted in a warm and welcoming manner by its hostess. The service has always been excellent and we are especially fond of our regular server, Courtney. Chef Jimmy's kitchen always prepares delicious, original cuisine. Each time we go there, we order something different from the time before and always feel that we've come away with a new "favorite meal." The restaurant itself is beautifully done in what I believe is a true Italian style. No matter how many people are present (and it is sometime a full house), it is always possible to have a nice conversation without raising ones voice. We will keep coming back to our favorite restaurant on the Island knowing we will always be treated as very favored guests and presented with the very best of meals.

Portland, OR
“Don't eat here, but the wine was good...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is new and has the chef from the Four Seasons here but the food was terrible! I ordered a shrimp dish for my entree' and it was tasteless...I don't know how you could make shrimp so bland...I told my waitress about it and they offered to make me something else so I ordered another dish, it was bad as well...the sauce was broken and the whole thing was just bad..

My husband ordered spaghetti, which is not on the menu so it was nice of them to accommodate him, but it was not very good either...the chef needs to start upping his food quality or they will probably not be here long..

Visited October 2013