“A Fun Night”

Sunset Luau at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gather as the sun sets over 'Anaeho'omalu Bay and delight in classic Polynesian entertainment featuring live music, imu ceremony (the unveiling of our main course from our underground oven), traditional dances of the South Pacific and a delectable selection of contemporary and Hawaiian fare with a full open bar. Held Saturday and Wednesday. The festivities begin at 5pm.
St. Johns, Florida
“A Fun Night”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had no idea what to expect at this luau given the mixed reviews. Overall we loved it! The drinks from the open bar were very good. The food was excellent. We are pretty confident that the pork was the same pork we watched being pulled out of the imu pit. The program/dancing itself was excellent. We liked the fact that the hostess narrated each dance to explain what we were seeing. It was a great introduction to what a luau is. We would like to find one next time that isn't as narrated.

The setting can't be beat. We had a perfect view of the sunset.

Also, we didn't get the VIP tickets. We got there at about 4:15 so we were pretty close to the front of the line. We ended up getting seats on the second row, right behind the VIP row. Saved money and still had a great view of the stage.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mom2snk

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Thoroughly enjoyed ”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The sun was setting behind the stage and there was a rainbow behind us. My husband had attended the luau at the Hilton down the street but said that this was better. The setting looks a bit more natural. The dancers and entertainers seemed to really enjoy themselves too. The food was tasty and the drinks were free flowing. The mixed drinks were tasty but I could tell they went light on the alcohol. It was a good thing though because a lot of people were getting drinks like they had never seen an open bar before.

New Meadows, Idaho
“Amazing Show!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the first luau I have been to, but others in my group had been to several and they all agreed this was the best show they have been to. Food was descent and it was fun to branch out and try some of the island favorites. Price is not worth the food, but worth every bit of the entertainment. The fire dancer was spectacular and the hula dancers were great! Thought the length of show was perfect and didn't dislike any portion. Open bar had a long line, but drinks were good!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kayla A
Wasilla, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Show was good”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I liked the show but the food was average. I guess that the open bar is a big draw but I am not much of a drinker.

Visited March 2014
Canton, Michigan
“First Luau”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

So this was our first trip to Hawaii and we had never been to a luau so I have nothing to compare it to. I anticpated a cheesy little show but this was pretty awesome in my opinion. The hulu dancers were great, the fire performers were spectacular. I enjoyed the host.
I thought the buffett was delicious, there was a ton of food and the desserts were really good as well. We didn't upgrade our seats and were about 3 tables back from the front so not too bad at all. People were lining up well before they opened the the rope to let us in to the seating. It was an open bar but I don't drink so I can't comment on the quality of the drinks. I would definitely go to this luau the next time I visit Hawaii!!!! One complaint.. could the Marriott clean the bathroom by the luau, it was super gross, the floor was wet and muddy. It stank.

• Visited February 2014