“Not horrible...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Three Fat Pigs - CLOSED

Three Fat Pigs
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Waikoloa Beach Drive
Transit: There are shuttle buses that stop by often to transport guest to the Hotels located in the Resort area as well as other Hotels along the coast. Taxi cabs are available as well.
California
“Not horrible...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had very nice and helpful waitstaff. However the food was not anything to remember. I had a salad that was lettuce, crab, bacon, avocado, and a creamy wasabi dressing. The salad ingredients were tossed, but the dressing was drizzled on top. I would have preferred the reverse. The combination of fats(bacon/avocado) and the dressing was not good. One of my companions had a really dry turkey sandwich. Upside, they had good fries. The only great food we had on our trip was outside the resort.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch it was delicious. I had the pork belly sandwich which was very good. My husband had a pasta dish to die for!! Would recommend !!

Medford, Oregon
“meh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a poor experience last August 2013, and wrote a trip advisor review as a result. Didn't bash the place, just told it like it was. Service was horrible, food just a bit better.

I received an email from the "owner" as a result of the TA review, expressing that he was sorry for the bad experience. In this email, he went on to extend the offer of being his "guest of honor" upon my return to the Big Island.

I am currently here on BI, and sent an email to the "owner" about a week prior to let him know....not so much because I really wanted to go back to this place, but rather, I was just curious to see if he'd really honor his offer from last August of having us back as his "guest of honor".

And the answer to that is a big N-O. No reply. Nothing. Zippo.

Not that I was expecting anything really, but again, thought he might have come through and followed through with his offer. Perhaps his response would be that he never got my email.

Who knows....

Visited August 2013
1 Thank reddyrider2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Food that Pleased us All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a group of 5 Adults and 2 children. Everyone ordered something different, and everyone was pleased. This is often difficult with children, but barbecued ribs that fell off the bone and pene pasta that was gourmet variety pleased the children while a variety of waiter-recommended ideas pleased all the adults. Prices were moderately high, but so was the quality of the food.

Victoria, Texas
“Good meal, better service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had lunch here one day. The lunch menu is different from the dinner menu posted outside, and we discovered that the item we had seen on the outside menu was not available for lunch. We asked the waiter if there was any way we could have that item. He said he'd check, and he chef agreed to cook it, and it was really good. I would have to say that while the food was okay, the service was the highlight of this stop