“Give It a Try!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Waikoloa Beach Drive
Transit: There are shuttle buses that stop by often to transport guest to the Hotels located in the Resort area as well as other Hotels along the coast. Taxi cabs are available as well.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I almost canceled our reservation tonight based upon some negative feedback I've seen on this website and opentable.com. I am so glad I didn't. We had a wonderful meal here with excellent service so please, give it a try! The menu had a lot more on it than what was reflected on the restaurant website. The fish special was mongchong, prepared sous vide and served with a touch of lillikoi. It was really good! I also loved the roasted tomatoes. I expect to eat here again soon. I really like supporting locally owned businesses and this restaurant is worth a try.

1  Thank mt406foodie

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Three Fat Pigs in Waikoloa is just an average restaurant. Unfortunately, that does not bode well for them.. Locals and visitors alike come to Waikoloa for superior dining and shopping experiences.

The food was okay, but nothing special. Because the restaurant is an "a la carte" establishment, you will pay separately for each menu item you order. Be aware of this because you can easily run up a $60.00 dinner tab very quickly.

Service was also average. The night we visited, they seemed to be under-staffed. As a result, we had to wait for refills on drinks and the food service was slow. Although the waitress was friendly, she seemed really stressed out and/or tired. (Interestingly, we dined here on a Tuesday night. I'd fear what might have happened if we had come on a Friday or Saturday.)

In sum, I would not recommend the Three Fat Pigs. I'd try Roy's instead. I wish the Three Fat Pig success, but think they need to tweak out their menu, presentation and pricing.

1  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Came here instead of Roy's to try out "the new place" on a Thursday night. This location has changed venues several times over the years, but I'd be surprised if Three Fat Pigs doesn't buck that trend. The atmosphere is chic comtemporary and pleasant, live light jazz music, indoor and outdoor seating available by the lake. The menu has good variety but isn't overly complex. It's mostly steak and seafood fare but with numerous unique touches and flavors. The wine list is quite limited. I had the osso bucco which was savory and flavorful. Service was attentive and the food arrived with amazing speed. Bear in mind that this is an a la carte menu so sides are ordered (and purchased) seperately from the main dish. Plan on $35-$50/person without wine.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a mediocre experience here. Our waiter was maybe the best part! He was very friendly and attentive. The food was okay....nothing special. One in our party ordered the "Fresh Catch" and granted, it was good fish, but she had to ask for salt and pepper to season it.....and when they finally brought it out, the pepper was in a small plastic cup, like they were not expecting anyone to want/need extra seasoning..just the sort on thing a "well-known" chef might do. Would not recommend.

1  Thank westernm
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter was clueless, food was lousy, and bill was outrageous. You will have to pay $50 for something that should cost $9.99 at TGI Fridays. Stay home.