“Great taste, nice staff”
Review of Lemongrass Bistro

Lemongrass Bistro
Ranked #24 of 69 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Great taste, nice staff”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went there yesterday for lunch. I saw PHO on the menu & had to have it as my wife ordered the chicken lettuce wrap. Place is small, within the food court, but has its own seating area with a food bar or tables you can sit at. They do have beer & wine also available. The servers were prompt, courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable; bringing us full glasses of ice water when we sat down. The PHO was absolutely delicious with many chunks of beef, lots of noodles, and many onions (I am an onion lover). I am not a PHO expert, but I was definitely suggest this to anyone that likes a rich full soup as a meal. My wife's wrap tasted very good, but the lettuce was not strong enough to use as a wrap and there wasn't enough lettuce to really wrap the chicken anyway. The taste of the chicken was very good, and a bit spicy which she enjoyed as did I when I tasted it. Prices were very good and the place was jammed by the time we left. 5 Stars if there was a bit more lettuce to make it actually possible to wrap the chicken.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Big Island
“It quickly became my favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very innovative asian cuisine. A mixture of Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, I would even say Filipino. Very tasty. Fresh, local ingredients. Always pleasing to the eye. Great prices on lunch specials and reasonable dinners. There is a branch in Kona but I prefer the cooking at this branch. I try to sneak a visit every chance I can get!

carrollton, ga
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stopped at this food court on our way to our hotel after arriving on the big island. As we were looking at all the run of the mill options we noticed the meal that a couple was having at lemongrass. The food looked amazing and the serving size was very generous so we decided to try it. Are we ever glad we did. The food was fresh, amazingly flavorful and unlike one of the previous reviewers experiences, very light and not heavy or over sauced. The tempura fried chicken was perfectly done and the curry flavors were bright and spicy. We enjoyed it so much we debated driving back to eat at the food court instead of the restaurants at our resort hotel. The owner came out and talked with us for a while. He was very nice and treated us like family (that is the Hawaiian way). One of the best meals we had in Hawaii including some very nice restaurants in Honolulu. Definitely worth taking the time to seek this one out.

Hawi, Hawaii
“beyond expectations”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Let go of any pre conceived notions you may have of food court food.This is many steps above.A genial host and chef greets you with a smile and then comes some wonderfully thought out delicate flavors and food.I had been hearing about this place for awhile and im so glad i finally wandered in.

• Visited July 2013
Seattle Wa
“I love it my husband did not like the soup noodles”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the lunch special. We went twice. I love the fish special. It was fresh chunk of raw fish and green papaya over rice. It was very pretty. The first time, I had chicken and vegetable over rice. I like both dish a lot. My husband had the pho and said it was okay and the pork did not fresh. The second time he had the duck noodles. He thought the soup was to strong and oily. I would go back anytime. I thought the food was good at a great price.