“A great 'fast food' restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sandwich
“A great 'fast food' restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was located in Waikoloa Village in the food court. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and price of my Maui onion burger with fries. Everything is cooked to order as far as I can tell.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Grass Valley, California
“A VERY good food court option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Ippy's while shopping with the kiddos and were pleasantly surprised considering our preconceived notions about food court fare. The food was really pretty good and has us wanting to make another stop to sample more. My wife had the kahlua pork sandwich and I had the loco moco. YUM. We will be back for sure and will encourage friends to stop by too.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank _derekboyes13
Milton, Washington
“Not bad for a fast food type experiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate here twice during our 7 day stay in the area. We came the first time because we wanted to try Ippy's place after seeing him on the food channel. The second time, we returned because the food was good the first time. The people at the counter were very frendly and were helpful with great recomendations.

• Visited April 2013
connecticut
“Decent Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect but I liked it. I tried several items and liked the Grilled Rib-Eye Teriyaki Beef (13.95) quite a bit. I ordered mine with rice and the garden salad with an oriental dressing. Also requested medium-rare and they made it exactly the way I wanted. The teriyaki sauce is delicious and I had it a second time with the Teriyaki Beef Deluxe sandwich (6.95). I was pleased both times. The Tornado Fries (a/k/a curly fries) were good, and the cole slaw was ok. I intended to stop off for the brined rotisserie chicken but ran out of time so I already have something earmarked for my next vacation on the Big Island.

Unlike Lemongrass (which is also new so I compared them) Ippy's has no seating and you either have to sit at the food court or bring your selection back to your condo or hotel.

Service is friendly and quick. Be sure to check the blackboard for specials....on one of my stops they were offering fries for $1 with the purchase of a sandwich.

• Visited March 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Ok food, good price for the area.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a quick dinner before heading up to the Mauna Kea visitors center for star gazing. We popped in to the food court near our hotel planning to grab a fast sandwich. Ended up at Ippy's instead, because they had Loco Moco on the menu, and it was something we had been wanting to try. Loco Moco is a local dish, consisting of a protein over rice covered by a fried egg and gravy. Not particularly healthy, but we are on vacation :)

The portions were large, and the food was fine. Staff was helpful and friendly, and the price was right as compared to other places we visited for dinner. My daughter had the Teriaki burger and fries, and she liked her meal. Overall a decent choice for a quick and filling meal on a budget.

Visited April 2013