“Great location, average food”

Lava Lava Beach Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Lava Lava Beach Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reno, Nevada
“Great location, average food”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Right on the water, lots of action and partying going on. Beautiful view of the subside. Reasonably priced, a rarity in Hawaii. Food was good, nothing extraordinary. Casual, comfortable environment.

• Visited February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food was awesome!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were recommended to the Lava Lava Beach Club by our concierge at our hotel because I was wanted some Ahi Poke! It did not disappoint! I had the Ahi Poke for appetizer which was melt in your mouth delicious! I also had the Lychee-Hoo cocktail! My husband had the Caesar salad which had crispy cheese tweels! Our entrees were just as good! The ribs were fall off the bone and my ahi entree was cooked to perfection! We were too stuffed to have desert but they looked awesome. The place is a casual beach setting and they have fire pits on the beach with live entertainment! Just an all around great place!

• Visited August 2014
Sacramento, California
“Just a great time!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Lava Lava Beach Club was recommended to us by a friend, and did not disappoint! It was a bit of a drive, coming from the Keahou Bay area, but well worth it. The 4 of us sat in really comfortable 'adirondack' style chairs around a low table in the sand, with tiki torches lit all around us, and very nice live music with a Hula dancer! It is amazing how the Hawaiians can give all types of music an island twist...

The food was good, but nothing really memorable. However, the sizzling shrimp appetizer was excellent. My friend said his chowder was just ok, and the Frito Misto appetizer was just okay, with rather bland dipping sauces. My hubby said his 'Simple Fish', which was a seared rare Ahi that nite, was good, and another friend said the Macademia nut crusted fish (Ono?) was pretty good but has had better.

That said, I would come back here for dinner in a heartbeat! The ambiance is really special...

I did come back the next day, by myself, while my husband played golf nearby, and after dropping our friends off at the airport. I did not have lunch, just a couple of drinks in the bar... I had hoped to just relax, but the music (which was really pleasant the prior evening) was so loud! It was just one guy playing and singing, but the sound was really cranked up. I didn't swim, but I could see a lot of people were enjoying lunch while swimming at the nice beach.

Not the best daytime ambiance, but, again, the evening more than makes up for it!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jan S
Los Angeles, California
“Fabulous Location and Great Food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great location on the beach. All open (no walls) very casual but classy. Live music (although $.50 more a drink during live music times). Good Mai Tai $9. Husband had teriyaki steak in a pineapple $30 and i Had the Hook Line and Sinker $36. Very good and not too much food that you feel so stuffed (but not so little making you seek more either). $10 cheeseburger and fries for my 10 year old. No complaints. Go during sunset. Make a reservation. We got there at 5:30 and they barely had a table for us.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CarolAnneSP
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Perfect location for vow renewal”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

You hosted my dear friend's vow renewal ceremony in July and it was perfect in every way - thank you so much for helping to create a very special evening.

Visited July 2014