“Super Soup”

Lava Lava Beach Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Lava Lava Beach Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Webb City, Missouri
“Super Soup”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The view is worth the stop because it overlooks a small bay and the water is beautiful. When I saw the restaurant I told my wife the prices were going to be out of this world because of the location. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least because they were reasonable (for Hawaii).
I had a difficult time choosing what I would have for lunch -- too many choices and too little time. I settled on the seafood chowder and a salad. My wife had the Greek Salad which was excellent.
My chowder was outstanding and I almost ordered seconds. But reason prevailed.
I would come back again because the food was very good, the view spectacular, the service great, and the price worth it.

• Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Wonderful experience. ”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Feet in the sand watching the sun set. Wonderful. We had a few drinks and appetizers. Both good but pricey. But worth it to do at least once during your visit.

“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I just love this place. I've been here several times and the location is amazing, the food is fabulous and you can't beat the breathtaking views of the sunset. We brought a big wedding party and the staff, hosts, and managers were welcoming and accommodating. Our server, Adam, made sure our entire party had a GREAT dinner experience. Don't miss this restaurant the next time you are on the Big Island.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ReveDeVoir
New York City, New York
“Amazing date night in a beautiful spot!! Food was good, (not great,) but who cares??)”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I got a nanny at the resort and took off one night for 'date-night.' This place is really nice. We had a lovely evening. Good not great food....but who cares? The location and the relaxing environment would be enough to keep us very happy even with "less than amazing" food. Good service. Nice Maitais. We really enjoyed the coconut shrimp, but the fish of the day was not the most impressive plate of food. We both forgot the name of the fish. Didn't really care to remember. It did not change the romantic ambience of the place. We just loved it. I've never been anywhere else like it. Just a really beautiful setting.

Fallon, Nevada
“Loved the beach!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Loved the live music, beach, and atmosphere, but the food was just ok. Maybe we ordered the wrong things? The ribs were ok, but the chicken was raw and the hamburger that replaced the raw chicken was also raw, not rare, raw. The manager was very nice about it and tried to fix it. We didn't tell our waiter that the hamburger was raw, we hated sending back one dish, let alone two. We were there at sunset and loved everything else, just not sold on the ribs, hamburgers, or chicken. Should have ordered the fish tacos?!