“Setting beautiful, food delicious, service outstanding”

Lava Lava Beach Club
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Some previous reviews had mentioned poor service, either they were there at a bad moment or management heard you because we had fantastic service. We called late for a reservation, were told they could get us in around 7:45. We went early to watch the sunset (unbelievable and breathtaking) after the sun went down we walked over to check in, 35 min early. They said we can get you in right now. The waiter was attentive, the manager stopped by at least twice to check in. AND the food was awesome.
You have to eat here, we'll be back.....

There are newer reviews for Lava Lava Beach Club

Reviewed July 4, 2013

During our visit to the big island's Hilton resort, we had Lava Lava recommended to us by the concierge (don't try and walk to it though). We read Trip Advisor reviews and were hesitant, but we thought we'd give it a try. Our experience shows that reviews should be looked and closely and reviews written by those who only write negative reviews should mostly be ignored. We were seated right away near the beach tables and were greeted by a friendly server. We ordered drinks that were brought pretty quickly and were delicious. We ordered the rib appetizer, a salad with fish added and a seafood stew. The food came fresh and hot. The manager came by to check on us and we started a conversation, finding that we were both from the same part of PA. We mentioned some of the negative reviews and he was aware and resigned that some people just write bad reviews. He and the other staff we worked with were nothing but nice and the food was good and the space is amazing. We went a second time and though the regular tables were booked, we found that the tables in the sand on the beach were first come. We sat on the beach, saw the sunset and had some drinks and appetizers. Again, they were very good. I recommend this restaurant for its food, service and the space itself

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here on our last night in Kona. The restaurant is right on the beach, so the views are amazing. There was also live music. The food was just ok. My husband and I both had the pineapple fried rice, as we're both vegetarians. The drinks were delicious and strong. I can't remember the name of what I had, but I only needed one drink. I will return on my next trip to kona probably just for appetizers and drinks.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

What an amazing setting. A Magnificent spot to watch the sunset. There is inside tables as well as tables on the beach sand. The live music was also great. Rather just have drinks!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This could be a great restaurant with the right restaurant manager.
Lava Lava is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on the Big Island. It was casual and restaurant seating right on the beach. We are locals and have seen the food improve since a new chef came aboard. And the prices increased to be above comparable restaurants. But our dining experience yesterday leaves a lot to be desired. First, we never know and potential guests who walk up from the beach and other resorts have to get lucky to come at the right time for an early lunch or late dinner because the hours of operation are not posted.

Yesterday we were the first seated
after the hostess yelled across the room "Are we open?" The bus person came by with water immediately, we looked at the menu then waited and watched as the tables filled up drinks and food ordered, and served. Finally a woman appeared who we thought was our wait person. Here first words were "What do you want to eat?" no greeting, no "would you like to order a drink. No explanation of the specials until I ordered an appetizer as my lunch. Then she tried to talk me out of my choice with a more expensive special. She also offered that our meals would be served quickly. A half hour later as we watched groups who were seated after us finish their meals and leave our meals arrived. We assumed that he was a server from the kitchen.

We expressed our displeasure with the wait. He apologized and offered us to take off the price of our drinks from the bill. We told him what we wanted was to speak to the manager. Who appeared was the woman we thought was our wait person. She said she was the manager. She then started on a litany of blame beginning with the hostess who seated us in a section without a waiter until noon, to the cook who overcooked the fish and had to make another meal, to the waiter who did not communicate the delay to us. Instead she should have been watching the room. She should have known immediately people were seated in closed sections. She should should have supported her staff not placed blame on them. She should have used more aloha when she talked to us at our 1st encounter. I have never written a review where I have advocated further education for a manager but in this case that one thing would filter down to better service over all to a restaurant that could be one of the best on the island for casual dining.