“Best setting, on the beach, you could literally dig your toes in the sand while dining.”

Lava Lava Beach Club
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lava Lava Beach Club is brought to you by the same people who bring you Huggo's oceanfront restaurant in Kailua-Kona , On The Rocks, a casual beach bar in Kailua-Kona, Paradise Gourmet Catering, the Big Island leader in custom events and weddings and Grass Shack Parties & Rentals, the go-to source for all local style affordable parties.
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

4 month old restaurant at the end of a road which is surrounded by lava. Beautiful setting. Some tables were right on the sand under the palm trees. I only had the fish and chips for lunch. Chips were good normal fries but the mahi mahi fish was bland. ($15) I am definitely going back just for the ambiance. The dinner entree prices were around $35. Maybe I'll have a cocktail and an appetizer at sunset.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,346)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch at the Lava Lava Beach Club in Sept. We loved the casual feeling and the atmosphere was lively. We enjoyed the beautiful beach and could only imagine it at sunset. Unfortunately, we weren't able to return this trip for a sunset cocktail, but we will go again on our next trip. I had the chx fried rice in the pineapple bowl, it was yummy and was also offered vegetarian, which I think I would of liked even more. My hubby had a sandwich, fish I believe, and he said it was great as well. The drinks are served in plastic wear, I had wine, but I can understand with all the sand and rocks around the area, that it was for safety's sake, I am sure. This is a nice place for drinks and appetizers or a snack, enjoyed with friends. It's a little noisey for an intimate meal, but a fun place to go. We will return!

1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were walking on A'A beach right around sunset at about 6:00, and found this happenin' little jive joint and decided to see if we could squeeze in meal—we figured it was so popular we'd never get a seat. Presto! and we were seated in a top tier corner table for two overlooking the sunset at one one of Waikoloa's best beaches. Paradise!

The decor is very upscale, but relaxed, they have a a full bar with bigscreen TV's, pleasantly far enough away from tables so as not to be intrusive for fine dining. And there is a lower platform that is closer to the surf and seems to be slightly more protected from the wind (my wife sported a windbreaker during dinner as the winds pick up when after the sun sets). The service staff is top-notch.

We ordered drinks and split the nachos, I had the catch of the day prepared "simple" and it was excellent—Mahimahi I think that day. My wife had Lavatubes-also very good. There was a chill guitar guy doing old Elvis and Sinatra tunes with a stunning hula girl swaying in the breeze—lovely and idyllic to say the least.

This was a rare find that we both very much enjoyed. Be sure to call ahead to get a reservation, they are very popular. Theere seems to be just a bit less parking than is needed, I assume they might get a valet service going at some point.

One the best views from any restaurant in the islands, comparable with the Beachhouse on Kuai. Kudos to the owners/management for a great dinner and a superb setting.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

You've got to try the stuffed burger! Delicious! The Kahlua Pork nachos are also fantastic, and I didn't have a single menu item that I didn't enjoy. Give it a try!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This restaurant has a great setting right on the beach, fantastic staff, and the music on Friday nights that was very enjoyable. We really enjoyed drinking a Mai Tai, watching the sunset, and listening to the musicians. We made reservations for dinner right before sunset and had no wait when we arrived. Dinner entrees are a bit expensive so we stuck to sandwiches and were very happy. Overall a great experience and next time we're on the Big Island we will be coming back!