We spent 7 nights over Christmas in unit #201. It was a lovely condo, roomy and comfortable. We especially liked having a garage to leave our snorkel gear in so we didn't track too much sand. The owners provided boogie boards, beach chairs, mats, umbrella and 4 beach towels. They also had some snorkel gear & toys, which we didn't use. They had 2 sets of golf clubs, which was really nice. The washer & dryer came in handy and I liked that they provided laundry detergent and dryer sheets. The master bedroom & bath are upstairs with a huge closet. There's another bedroom downstairs with a 2nd bathroom. That worked well for our kids. Our 2 boys had the bedroom and our daughter slept on the sofa sleeper. The sofa sleeper was definately the weakest part of the condo. The mattress is very thin and uncomfortable. You can easily feel the bars in the frame through it. I couldn't find bedding to fit it either. There were 2 flat sheets in the living room hutch and that was all. The 2 twin beds in the 2nd bedroom can be put together to make a king, so I used that bedding to make up the sofa sleeper. It didn't fit, but it worked. I felt bad that my daughter had such an uncomfortable bed for the whole week, but she didn't complain.
The kitchen was well stocked and we even made our Christmas dinner there. We usually made breakfast there too, and found everything we needed. The grounds are beautiful, the whole property felt safe and secure. I got in the pool only once, it was very cold. But who needs a pool when you have all those gorgeous beaches so close? We tried to use the hot tub at the other end of the property one night, but it was too crowded. Our end of the property was very quiet and we only heard our neighbors on the last morning we were there. I think they had just arrived. Our hosts were helpful when we had questions, the house nicely decorated and we loved the location. We left temperatures below zero at home and were glad we had air conditioning so we could sleep at night. I wouldn't want to stay in Hawaii without it.
Waikoloa is a great location if you want a base from which to see the island. The beaches are superb. It's not that far to Kona, and a nice drive to the north part of the island or through Waimea to Hilo. We spent our last 3 nights in Volcano Village. We sure missed this condo. I would suggest spending only 1 or 2 nights on the east side. We live in a dry area, so the humidity was pretty daunting in Volcano Village. We didn't sleep well over there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colony Villas are home to a luxurious lifestyle. Featuring 1, 2 and 3-bedroom villas with fully equipped gourmet kitchens, this resort is adjacent to the 15th fairway of the Waikoloa Resort Beach Course. Guests enjoy the property's recreational facilities - tennis courts, fitness center, pools, and jet spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas Hotel Waikoloa
- Resortquest Waikoloa Colony Villas
- Waikoloa Colony Villas