Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf coursestory condoupstairs bedroomthe big islandwasher and dryermaster bathroomspacious condopull out bedgrocery storekings shopsfull kitchenboogie boardssecond bedroombeach towelsshort drivelava fieldsfood court
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in unit 2006. The first unit we were assigned was worse. Pathetic kitchen utensils, one scratched up Teflon skillet; mix and match Dinnerware and glasses. The place needs maintenance. Broken drawers, blinds, floor tiles. Linen shortages, dirty glass slider, broken and tired patio furniture. The staff tried but were working with limited supplies. Would not recommend this resort for the money. Cheaper better place available on the Big Island.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Roberta P
GMAstonWCV, General Manager at Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Aloha Bertababy,

Thank you for your business. Thank you for your review. The Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas is a beautiful spot. All of the units are owned individually - most are very nice. I apologize that you had such a difficult experience and I will take a look at the unit you stayed in to make any necessary changes. It is unusual for a guest to have such a totally negative visit - that is not the service our team delivers every day.

We do appreciate your business and input - that feedback is the only way we can improve the product and the service.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful 15 day stay at the Colony Villas. I booked our stay directly with the owners who were fantastic to deal with. The unit in bldg12 was a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a very nice layout right across from the pool area. It was nicely furnished with flat screens in every room and a comfortable king size bed. It had some minor issues such as loose floor tiles and missing grout but it was clean with a well equiped kitchen. We have stayed in Waikoloa Beach Resort before and would have to say that for the money we were extremely happy at the Colony Villas. Great location, beautiful & well maintained grounds, and a reasonable price = would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha Bears Fan,

Thank you for the kind review and the business. Aston does not own nearly all of the units on the Resort property but we do manage a bunch of nice ones. Having traveled extensively and visited lots of different kinds of properties - the experience even in a hotel with similar rooms varies by location and maintenance/upkeep. We do our best and the owners have stepped up in most cases and take care of the issues if our guests have any.

Appreciate you spreading the words about us and we hope you return in the future.

General manager

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We enjoyed staying here very much. We were a family - teens, uncle, mom and dad-- and the layout of the unit accomodated everyone. Our particular unit was beautifully decorated, we thought, with real artwork and gorgeous island furniture. The units have fully furnished kitchens and our unit also had beachtowels, beach mats, sand toys, and a drawer of games and books. Wifi was not working at first but a call to the support help desk fixed that in about 3 minutes. There are good gas grills for everyone's use and someone else cleans them every morning. Our unit had alarm clocks , a cordless phone, and a good V.Sasoon hairdryer. Water pressure was decent and we never ran out of hot water. People can all be getting ready at once without water temperature changing on your back. Beds were comfortable. Full sized washer and dryer came in handy. One review noted partying by locals at the pool on the weekends but we did not notice that. We did have 2 permanent families living next to our unit so not all units are for swhort term rent. Staff was friendly. We enjoyed DVD rentals and the pool. Went to the hula shows at the nearby upscale shopping center. There is a hiking/jogging path which leads to the beach (seemed pretty far to me, but I'm lazy- like, you wouldn't want to get started with your kids and expect to just stroll to the beach). We saw a lot of sporty people of all ages enjoying jogs or shuffles in some cases along the path. Housekeeping was pretty hit or miss-- one day she/he didn't clean any of the glass tables or mirrors, and one day they forgot coffee packets. So I started leaving a note: take out garbage, leave extra coffee and 2 boxes of laundry detergent, please clean glass table tops-- and then it was all done. The price is good for the amount of space and facilities, especially compared to a hotel room, if you have a family. Kahului beach (public beach) (by the Four Seasons nearby) is something to see-- sea turtles sun themselves on the sand! They lay there all lazy alongside the people!

Room Tip: A pool view is very pretty.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cookie064

Aloha Cookie064,

Thank you for your business. Thank you for the kind words. We try our best and understand that service is EVERYTHING. Our product is very nice - and we do our best to meet any additional guest needs as they arise. I am so hppy we were able to assist with some issues you had and we hope you will recommend us and return in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Gated community, free DVD rental, two pools. BUT...villas seemed furnished at the whim of the owner, so not consistent (saw two very different ones). Floors needed cleaned badly, missing some no-brainer items (alarm clocks, pitcher, small spoons), housekeeping was definitely hit or miss. Wi-Fi (free) was very spotty, and never could get smartphones to work. Fitness room small, but decently equipped. All workers we encountered were very friendly. Not bad, but for price and the Aston name we definitely expected more.

Room Tip: request rooms with plenty of available parking nearby
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Aloha ShelliLMT,

Thank you for your business and review. Your input is the only way we can improve the product and the service. I apologize that you had incosistencies during your stay. Our team usually delivers everything the guest needs and cleanliness is like the most important one. Not all units are decorated the same but you should never have a problem with a dirty floor or other issues you faced.

I have been here at Waikoloa Colony Villas with Aston for over 2 and a half years now and it is a constant challenge to deliver a great product. Everyone in this business knows how difficult it is during the season to be hitting on all cylinders but we hope that when a guest has a problem they come to us so we can correct it immediately.

Your input reminds me that we need to review our efforts at every opportunity.

General manager

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed in building #13 last year, and this year stayed in building #10 (unit 1003). This is a gated community with key code and we noticed there that there were differences in the condos, naturally, as they are owned by different owners and small touches may vary.

Unit 1003 was a lovely 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath unit with a lovely lanai on the main floor and an even better balcony in the upstairs bedroom. The unit is HUGE! and more than enough room for 2 people. It would be perfect for a family of 4 although there is room enough for 6 people to stay, in my opinion.

More than enough towels were provided in each bathroom, as well as toiletries. The kitchen had a small bottle of palmolive, and a brand new sponge wrapped up so you may handwash dishes. I especially liked this part as nobody wants to use a used dish sponge! The kitchen was fully stocked with cutlery, silverware, plates, mugs, glasses, etc, and the nice thing was everything was matching!

The swimming pool and hot tub were used by us twice and it was seldom crowded, never more than 6 people at a time there.

You get 1 parking space, and some spaces are reserved, and some units you do get to use the garage. There was never any problem with parking.

It is a quiet community and you won't hear any loud partying here. Also golf course is right there for you if you are into golfing.

Some CONS........(this part may be a bit gross)

1. the condo is large and MORE than enough room for 2 people (yay!!!). but it's safe to assume that it would be time consuming and inefficient for the housekeeping service to adequately clean and disinfect the both floors of the unit, especially the restroom.

2. the master bathroom was not cleaned completely. on the undersurface of the toilet seat there was visible evidence that the previous guest had diarrhea. there was crusting and spotting and lots of evidence of splashing. granted there was some white foaming cleaning fluid in the bowl itself, the bowl was not scrubbed.

3. the hinges of the toilet seat are designed in a way where there are tight junctions along the side. I bought a large bottle of bleach and a spray bottle and completely sprayed down and disinfected the toilet. As I sprayed the hinges of the toilet seat, a trail of dark brown fluid trickled down from the hinges, indicating that the toilet hinges were a spot to trap old fecal matter. ick. I had the same problem with the condo in buidling #13 last year as well

4. the air conditioning was pre-set at 74 degrees and you had no option to set the thermostat any lower. This may be ok for the average person, but I get too HOT ! so since this was a 2 story condo with high ceilings, it felt quit warm and sweaty for me.

5. the shower floor was discolored. I sprayed it down with bleach and water and dark stained water rinsed off. ick !

6. pillows on the master bed smelled like "old man greasy hair" and fortunately each unit has a washer dryer and so I stripped the pillows and washed them in extra hot water (powdered detergent was available) and put them in the dryer for extended period of time.

7. best thing to do when staying in a large condo is to bring some latex disposable gloves, clorox disinfecting wipes, bleach, spray bottle, and do the disinfecting yourself. also bring some disposable shower caps (you can buy them at the dollar store) and wrap each remote control in the shower cap and tie closed. The remote control is the single most bacteria laden thing in any hotel or condo, so wrap it up! You could also use the ice bag from the ice bucket or plastic wrap if there is any from the kitchen

Overall we would stay here again for sure.
I just wouldn't assume that the unit was cleaned adequately and take some of the cleaning into your own hands !!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RGb747

Aloha RGb747,

Hope you had a good time outside of the having to clean the unit so much. The unit you stayed in this year is not in our Aston rental program. I know the owners of the unit and I'b bet they'd be very interested in hearing of your experience because they are nice people and want their guests to enjoy themselves.

I have to relate a story for you. We have several owners here who are cleaning freaks like me. And growing up when I did - bleach was the universal "hard" cleaner everyone used. Not so anymore. The chemicals we have are nuch more safe and sophisticated thanordinary bleach. But there is something I love about it too - and I use the lemon scented stuff in my laundry. So anyway - one of our owners is a very nice couple from New Jersay and they visit regularly. Because she likes the smell of bleach so much - we do use it very selectively in the unit so as to satisfy that discerning nose when she arrives. It has made all the difference in the world to her and us.

If you can find the owners of the unit you stayed in - I know they would be interested in your review.