Stayed in building #13 last year, and this year stayed in building #10 (unit 1003). This is a gated community with key code and we noticed there that there were differences in the condos, naturally, as they are owned by different owners and small touches may vary.
Unit 1003 was a lovely 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath unit with a lovely lanai on the main floor and an even better balcony in the upstairs bedroom. The unit is HUGE! and more than enough room for 2 people. It would be perfect for a family of 4 although there is room enough for 6 people to stay, in my opinion.
More than enough towels were provided in each bathroom, as well as toiletries. The kitchen had a small bottle of palmolive, and a brand new sponge wrapped up so you may handwash dishes. I especially liked this part as nobody wants to use a used dish sponge! The kitchen was fully stocked with cutlery, silverware, plates, mugs, glasses, etc, and the nice thing was everything was matching!
The swimming pool and hot tub were used by us twice and it was seldom crowded, never more than 6 people at a time there.
You get 1 parking space, and some spaces are reserved, and some units you do get to use the garage. There was never any problem with parking.
It is a quiet community and you won't hear any loud partying here. Also golf course is right there for you if you are into golfing.
Some CONS........(this part may be a bit gross)
1. the condo is large and MORE than enough room for 2 people (yay!!!). but it's safe to assume that it would be time consuming and inefficient for the housekeeping service to adequately clean and disinfect the both floors of the unit, especially the restroom.
2. the master bathroom was not cleaned completely. on the undersurface of the toilet seat there was visible evidence that the previous guest had diarrhea. there was crusting and spotting and lots of evidence of splashing. granted there was some white foaming cleaning fluid in the bowl itself, the bowl was not scrubbed.
3. the hinges of the toilet seat are designed in a way where there are tight junctions along the side. I bought a large bottle of bleach and a spray bottle and completely sprayed down and disinfected the toilet. As I sprayed the hinges of the toilet seat, a trail of dark brown fluid trickled down from the hinges, indicating that the toilet hinges were a spot to trap old fecal matter. ick. I had the same problem with the condo in buidling #13 last year as well
4. the air conditioning was pre-set at 74 degrees and you had no option to set the thermostat any lower. This may be ok for the average person, but I get too HOT ! so since this was a 2 story condo with high ceilings, it felt quit warm and sweaty for me.
5. the shower floor was discolored. I sprayed it down with bleach and water and dark stained water rinsed off. ick !
6. pillows on the master bed smelled like "old man greasy hair" and fortunately each unit has a washer dryer and so I stripped the pillows and washed them in extra hot water (powdered detergent was available) and put them in the dryer for extended period of time.
7. best thing to do when staying in a large condo is to bring some latex disposable gloves, clorox disinfecting wipes, bleach, spray bottle, and do the disinfecting yourself. also bring some disposable shower caps (you can buy them at the dollar store) and wrap each remote control in the shower cap and tie closed. The remote control is the single most bacteria laden thing in any hotel or condo, so wrap it up! You could also use the ice bag from the ice bucket or plastic wrap if there is any from the kitchen
Overall we would stay here again for sure.
I just wouldn't assume that the unit was cleaned adequately and take some of the cleaning into your own hands !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Colony Villas are home to a luxurious lifestyle. Featuring 1, 2 and 3-bedroom villas with fully equipped gourmet kitchens, this resort is adjacent to the 15th fairway of the Waikoloa Resort Beach Course. Guests enjoy the property's recreational facilities - tennis courts, fitness center, pools, and jet spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Vacatia, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas Hotel Waikoloa
- Resortquest Waikoloa Colony Villas
- Waikoloa Colony Villas