“Good Breakfast but expensive”

Big Island Breakfast at Water's Edge
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Expensive $30/per person so eat as much as you can!
I only went once to try the restaurant out.

They had the plenty of food options that I wanted. Hot and Cold foods included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, rice, bagels, toast, cereal, salad, rice, yogurt, soups, pastries, and some Japanese food items, I am unsure of the names.

I loved their guava juice.

Service was good and attentive. They had juice at my table even before I sat down. They noticed I had rice on my plate, and someone came out of their way and placed soy sauce at my table without even me asking for it. They always filled my water glasses.

Plenty of seating options, view of the lagoon.

Good experience as long as I didn't think about the price. $15/person I think would have been more reasonable.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Overall, the Big Island Breakfast isn't really worth your time -- Dave's Shack offers much better value ($25 instead of $100 for breakfast for a family of four). That said, the Big Island Breakfast offers a great view (the lagoon of the Hilton) and a huge variety. Don't want french toast? No problem - just ask for pancakes and you'll have a huge stack delivered to your table in no time. Want chocolate milk? No problem as well (although the second time we had breakfast there, they were 'out' of chocolate milk...who runs out of chocolate?). Want pineapple-orange instead of plain-old orange juice? They have that too. Lots of choices and very convenient, but you pay a price...

Reviewed December 27, 2012

While not terrible, it wasn't outstanding. The sheer volume that this place does prevents it from making really great non-bulk items.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The breakfast buffet at the Hilton Waikoloa beach resort had plenty of variety, but at $30 per person I thought it was expensive. There was the usual fresh fruit and pastries. There was an omelet chef making them to order, where you picked out your fillings and handed them to him to put in, which was nice, but really, most of it was pre-made and in hot servers.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I try to eat a healthy breakfast. This place is geared toward serving volumes of sugar. I ordered the Raisin Bran, and go enough for a family. It came with coffee and "juice", but the juice was actually "fruit drink" until I was willing to pay $1 more to substitue real OJ.
The best thing was that we sat at a deck table overlooking the dolphins, and they were doing morning feeding and training, so it was quite entertaining.