“Hilton Moved Luau Into the Ballroom due to weather”

Legends of the Pacific Luau
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The food and show for this luau were excellent. But the show was moved into the hotel ballroom because of the outside weather (chance of rain). The lighting and sound in the ballroom just are not the same as for the outside location. For the fire dance everyone was moved outside, and this was excellent.
Suggest that you do not make reservations before the day of the show, and make sure of good weather. Also we opted for the upgraded seating, but I am not sure that it is worth the added cost ($26 per person additional).

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The luau was a magical experience. The food was good and the entertainment was amazing. Truly Hawaiian!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I really love the luau at the Kona Royal in Kona - seems more real, cozy and on grass. Although the food was very good, the venue was cement and sterile with a very high stage which was too big for the performances.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked the Legends of the Pacific Luau during our stay at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and I'm really glad we did. We did the Ali'i seating (preferred/upgraded seating), and honestly, I do not recommend that upgrade...the people in the regular seats appeared to have a great view, and while Ali'i seating comes with unlimited drinks, I wound up only drinking 2 so it wasn't a big deal.

The drink and dinner service is lovely -- there are snacks to start with, table service to bring you drinks, and a wonderful luau buffet with all kinds of delicious foods to try. I don't eat seafood and my plate was practically overflowing....since there were also lots of seafood dishes, I don't even know how a seafood eater could manage!

The show was fun to watch -- led by singer/emcee Hoku. The songs and dances were beautiful and fun, the fire dancing was impressive, and it was definitely a nice way to spend an evening.

They will try and sell you a photo set (they snap your photo with leis on the way in) for $42...not really worth it, we passed on it.

We were a couple, but we saw lots of families with small kids and the kids seemed to have fun. I think this is a great dinner & show for couples, families, etc. It's maybe a little cheesy, but I'm not sure what you expect from a Hilton luau. I expected some entertainment and some tasty food, and got exactly what I wanted.

2  Thank Gillian C
Reviewed December 26, 2013

entertaining to say the least. Not what we expected. There was a story line that gave the history of the Pacific Islands.