“Paniolo Greens Resort”

Paniolo Greens Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is great place to stay with the peace and quite of the country side, great for a game of golf. With shopping centre very close for your food supplies if not eating out .
Resort was very clean and tidy with the staff being very helpful.
Only draw back is you need a car to get around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked a one room villa for two nights, but were provided with a two room [two bathroom] villa. Apparently all the villas are two room or more. The unit was very comfortable, with a full kitchen and cooking utensils, good furniture, TV in the lounge and each bedroom, quiet and had a view over the Village Golf Course. There is one swimming pool for the whole resort, which is not particularly large, but was not well used during our stay. Staff at the front desk were very efficient and courteous, all other staff who came in contact with us in the time we were there were very courteous and obviously well trained to respond with an Aloha as you passed by. I believe it would be very good for golfers, as there are a number of courses nearby. However, there is little else close nearby for recreation. There is a supermarket and some food outlets about a 5 min. walk away at the Waikoloa Village. We found it a great place to stop and have a rest for a day or two.
Obviously you need a car to get to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before, so we're staying here again. My family & I love this place..... We live on the other side of the island an wanted a little staycation. Heard pretty good reviews about this and decided to try it. For the price we paid compared to other places, I think it's tops.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for one night in late April and wished our itinery wasn't was short as we would have loved to stay longer. Great facilities, clean and tidy, friendly staff and great value for money. We hope to be return next time for a longer stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cara76
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

My whole family just finished up a two week stay on the big island...the first week here. I have to admit we were a little Leary of the location being "too far" from beach /everything.....but it was Perfect!! Less then 10 minutes to amazing beachs....shopping....restaurants! Less then 2 minutes to grocery store. It is perfect if your interested in actually taking a few days to travel around the island and see the other sides, because its so centrally located. The accommodations were beautiful....the bar b question were great and nicely located...the pool facilities were immaculate! We were Very impressed and would definaltyl reccommend staying here. We stayed our second week south of the airport on Ali'i drive.....it had a completely different feel....very busy...touristy....not useable beaches because of lava...very under impressed with that location.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Kai33
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I joined my 2 adult children and spouses and 20 month old grandson for a wonderful week here the end of April. We stayed on the lower level, 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit. We used the BBQ out back several times, and my grandson loved chasing the wild turkeys in the evening. The unit was the perfect size for each of us to have some privacy but also gave us plenty of room when we wanted to do something together. The location is ideal. The unit was clean and nicely decorated. We did a few day trips (Hilo, Kona) but also spent some lovely afternoons hanging out at the pool relaxing. We never needed the a/c...the fans worked perfectly. Each room had their own TV. Every member of the staff I met was friendly, helpful and very professional. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peggy R
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was more than perfect for me. Great Staff, service, accomodations, etc...I was leary based on reviews from other folks, and now wonder if some people are just super picky (or snobby?) or perhaps since these are condos and seperately owned maybe they vary a bit. Mine was absolutely perfect. Upon check in, I was given an option of one level or two. I chose two level just to make myself excercise and go up and down stairs which was totally fine. The full kitchen enabled me to not have to go to high priced restaurants and so the higher market priced groceries were not an issue. I was sure to travel the whole island and pick up very good priced fresh fruits and veggies at all the various farmers markets on the island (also you can even rent a cooler at this place for something like $5, bring home better priced groceries from a visit to Hilo). Actually a good location to get to all the places this wonderful island has to offer. As a traveler that has always checked luggage (when it was free) I did "carry on" luggage this trip. If I had realilzed I was supplied with a washer and dryer, it would have been even easier for me as I didn't need to use all the clothes I brought since I was able to wash and rewear my favorites. It was super to have washer and dryer to clean my clothes while I was back at the condo and not have to waste time going to a laundry mat. The staff and service at this resort was incredibly friendly and efficient. I must note that I am an easy going person and appreciate the work that anyone does, and I am not very demanding which I think plays a big part in how I am treated. I am guessing that people who commented on bad service must be easily irritable and a little demanding of good, hardworking folks as I have never experienced bad service when I appreciate and understand so many aspects of what it's like to work in various industries. Years ago, I spent $250 a night at the Sheraton Waikoloa, and the room quality, service, and amenities were no way near comparible for what I got at Paniolo Greens. Really, when I go to Hawaii, it's not to stay in the hotel, this is basically a place to sleep, shower and unwind at the end of the day, yet this place was so nice to come back to and spend time if I wanted, as well as to wake up and start my day. Honestly, at first I was a little put off by the charge for air-conditioning if I wanted it, and found that I didn't need it anyway, because during the day, when it was the hottest, I was out enjoying this beautiful island. In the evenings, upon return, I put on the ceiling fans and opened the sliding doors coupled with the usual winds in this area, it was nice and cool, perfect! I slept great, even used a blanket. I plan and hope stay here again, and again, so astounded at what I got for the price. Loved this place! This is hands down the best place I have EVER stayed, even compared to my rare stays at high priced swanky resorts. To the complainers, I say; "a little peace, love, and understanding can go a long way, resulting in how others treat you and enjoying life"

Room Tip: If you have the slightest issue with stairs, choose a one level room. Before wasting money and elec...