“Great location and accomodations”

Paniolo Greens Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Topanga, California
“Great location and accomodations”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here a week in September/October 2012. The location was great for us, as we put over 1200 miles on our rental car traveling all over the island and found this centrally located. The condo was clean and very comfortable. If it was stuffy when we returned all we had to do was open some windows/doors to get some cross ventilation. The wind helped with that. Staff was friendly and helpful. Mahalo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZenaGo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

While the accommodations and staff are quite nice, the wind whistling (sometimes roaring!) through the unit was unbelievable!! Four kids and two adults went in mid August and were quite comfortable in one of their 2 bedroom units. We did have a delay in check-in of about 2 hours, but the front desk gave us a pool key and we were able to hang out there and also go to the local grocery store for supplies while we waited. They have reasonable rates for their rental beach equipment and very nice rental staff. We had two incidents with the unit which were quickly resolved by the maintenance staff - 1) the microwave door latch broke & 2) the master bedroom curtain rod came out of the ceiling because of a huge gust of wind!! I'm not sure if our wind problem was due to the building we were in, but I don't think I'll be returning to this property on my next visit to The Big Island.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a unit in a building that is less susceptible to the wind noise, if that is poss...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NancyF3
Bellevue, Iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff was very friendly and really made you feel welcome at check-in. The view of the golf course and the countryside was beautiful. We had everything we needed including all appliances and a very nice washer and dryer. The suite was very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, TV worked well, and the unit was decorated very tastefully. We totally enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pemberton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was not my first trip to the Islands, but I wanted my wife to see everything in her first visit. She wanted a first floor suite and the rooms were excellent. The wildlife around the doors (turkeys, and Nene) were fun to watch. The view was outstanding and central location to Hapuna State Beach, and Anaeho'omalu Bay a plus for fine sand beaches. A 96 mile trip south took us to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and sights you will never forget from 4,000 feet above sea level. To top all this off we traveled over the top of the Island on route 19 all the way around to Hilo and saw two waterfalls in the rain forest. Tip: rent a car at the airport, and explore this vast sightseeing jewel from your quiet suite. Good food and night life is but a short hop from Paniolo Greens, down the road.

Room Tip: The cool down at sun set makes A/C unnecessary. Rooms on the first floor, expect the sound of little...
3 Thank Mitchell P
Denise_GM, General Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Mahalo, Mitchell, for your excellent review of our wildlife, outstanding view, and central location. What a wonderful way to make your wife’s first visit to the island memorable and to encourage other travelers with your tips. Thank you again and aloha!
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Me and my family recently spent a weekend here, and I can honestly say that it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. We had a two bedroom suite which was unbelievably comfortable, so comfortable that it was hard to leave. The suites are beautiful, simple decor done right, the staff couldn't have been anymore friendly, and the amenities were great. I was very pleased with my experience here. I loved the suites, the staff and all the amenities like the pool, spa, fitness center, grills, golf course etc. Having such luxuries and services as the ones provided by Paniolo Greens can be quite dangerous because you'll never want to leave. The suites are by my definition fully capable, meaning they are equipped with a full kitchen, dish washers, dishes/cookware, ice maker, washer/dryer and pretty much everything else you'd have at home. I'm a chef so the kitchen was a huge selling point for me, and I must say though small, the kitchen was great, and having a grocery store literally a minute away was awesome. I could go and on about my experience here, but that would take days. I don't know what else I could possibly say to express my respect, gratitude, and love that I have for this fine establishment. I was only here for three days, but those three days were some of the best I've ever had. This was my first stay here, but definitely not the last. PGR is now a staple in my life, and I can't wait till my next stay. I already miss waking up to the panoramic view of the Kohala montains with the sun rising beside it, and the sound of golf balls flying through the air and bacon frying in my kitchen lol. OK now I'm just rambling but take my word, you'll love it here.

1 Thank kkuoha
Ramble away with such an amazing review. Mahalo and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My Ohana absolutely loved this getaway from Hilo. We had a wedding to attend at Waiki'i Ranch and didn't want to drive all the way back to Hilo so a friend suggested this place to us. I'm so glad I listened because the room was wonderful. At check in, an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite was offered so I took it and was sooooooo happy I did. We were on the 2nd/3rd floors with a beautiful view from our bedroom and living room balconies. We woke up to views of the golf course, Haleakala in the background, and the Kohala mountains. We enjoyed breakfast on the lanai while watching the many golfers and turkeys cruise by us. The rooms, baths, and kitchen were fully furnished and included a washer/dryer. We opted for the Go Green special and was more than satisfied with the daily fresh towels and trash removal (daily housekeeping was not needed at all). We also learned that the grocery store, 5 minutes away, was stocked with everything we needed for our meals. Every staff member (front desk, security, housekeeping, groundskeeper) we dealt with were friendly, courteous and helpful. The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful and we plan to use it more on our next visit. We also noticed barbecue units available at every building and will definitely use that on our next visit. We are already in the process of planning our next stay for October 2012 and are excited for that adventure. Mahalo for a wonderful experience at Paniolo Greens!

2 Thank Lori K
Denise_GM, General Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Mahalo nui loa, Lori, for your excellent review! It is wonderful when one of our local neighbors are able to enjoy their stay as much as our timeshare owners. We’ll look forward to seeing you and your ohana again soon. A hui hou!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We traded our timeshare 8/24/12-8/31/12 and made the longggg flight from SW Florida. Funny how the jet lag really doesn't bother you on the way there. Only on the way back! The hotel was wonderful. We originally obtained a ground floor suite but noticed the pitter-patter of feet above us almost immediately. Experience taught me to go back to the office and beg for a second floor apartment (2 bedroom). No problemo. And it was wonderful. Balcony overlooking the golf course, two spacious bedrooms and baths, and comfortable furnishings throughout. The amenities were great: workout space by the pool and hot tub, ping pong and tennis, wild turkeys and birds galore outside our living room. Day trips were wonderful, no more than a few hours' drive to anywhere on the island. Went Kohala Ziplining, saw the gorgeous Akaka Falls, the Mauna Kau and Mauna Loa mountains, gorgeous snorkeling sites up and down the coast, the Volcano National Park, Hilo and its tropical flora and fauna. Snorkel Bob's is the BEST rental place! Bite Me is a great seafood restaurant. Costco in Kona is a great place for a cheap lunch!! Farmers' Markets are a great place for plants and food and entertainment.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the upper level unless you like to listen to pounding feet above you at all times...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank doreo
Mahalo for your excellent review. Your compliments and how Paniolo Greens’ central location makes day trips “wonderful!” will surely be beneficial to those who want to visit the Big Island and Paniolo Greens.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waikoloa
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hilton Waikoloa Village
Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

Been to Paniolo Greens Resort? Share your experiences!