The flight from Kauai landed at 10:00AM, we were at the hotel before 11:30PM, check-in was at 3:00PM and there was at least one convention going on. We weren't expecting much more than a place to put our luggage until check-in, but were pleasantly surprised with what we did receive. Beau was beyond helpful - said he had a room available, but that we should wait and he would put us in a better room. He also gave us pool pass, towel vouchers, and drink coupons.
When we got into our room it was on the north side of the north building - with a slight view of the ocean - better than expected - more view than many other "garden view" rooms I have experienced. The room was a good size, more to the point, the space was used well. The decor seemed like it was recently updated and the bed was very comfortable. The mini-fridge was nice to have. On the down side the bathroom was small and the walls seemed thin, we got to hear coughs, urination, and sex - not all from the same neighbor.
The pool is a great asset to this property, and its open 24hours (apparently this makes a pool view room not always a good thing). The waterslide was a lot of fun and would be great for most ages. It was never over-utilized. The infinity pool is warm and relaxing, to go along with at least 3 hot tubs. There is also a shallow sandy bottom kids pool.
The Beach is nice and there were plenty of lounge chairs. The outer reef protects the beach from any waves to speak of, and the water is a wonderful aqua marine color you don't see on the other hawaiian islands. Snorkeling turned out to be wonderful - our first attempt we didn't go out far enough, and there was not much visibility. Later in the day I went out further and just as visibility started to clear a turtle swam right in front of me, then fish, and more fish, and more turtles as I followed the reef.
The food and drinks are good but not great. Happyhour brings price back to a more "normal" level for food and drinks. The service is very good at the bar and out by the pool.
Sunsets were beautiful every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa