We arrived at this resort by a morning flight from Honolulu, and although the hotel was not quite full, it took 4 hours to get a room - an hour past their 3 PM check in time. Furthermore, since we were pre-checked in, our "welcome package" had been misplaced, and it took 3 calls to get it. Ditto for coffee in the room. Although the hotel is not in a congested big-city, but on an isolated part of the sparsely populated Big island, they charge a whopping $20 per day "resort fee" for parking. Also, we had to always account for all our quota of beach towels in order to get a replacement the next day. There are shopping centers next to the hotel, but the choice is mostly limited to mainland chains rather than authentic Hawaiian with the exception of Roy's restaurant, that was outstanding. Another disappointment was the tour booked through the concierge desk. We were assured that we could save ourselves a drive to Hilo to catch the helicopter tour of the volcano that we had planned, and were instead given a special rate on a plane ride from Kona that supposedly was the same experience; but it wasn't in the least. We saw neither the crater, nor any lava. Perhaps the hotel gets a cut for filling the plane seats? The last insult was that Marriott didn't post any Reward points to our account since we had booked a package deal. Even United Airlines gave us mileage for economy class seats as a part of this package, and surely, a luxury hotel such as Marriott ought to reward loyalty even more so since Hilton actually had a better priced package deal that we didn't select because of our Rewards program that turned out to be worthless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa