We spent our last 4 days of a ten day vacation here at the Marriott. Check in was a breeze for us but there were very long lines at times. I was recognized immediately as a Gold Elite Rewards member thus getting a coupon for two free Mai Tai's upon arrival. We did recieve a room upgrade from pool view to ocean view. I am not sure this was worthwhile. We did have an ocean view over the top of the cabana rooms building and the building extension to our right eliminated any view of the point of sunset?
The room was very clean and had the updated flat screen TV although we never found out if it worked. You are in Hawaii, who needs TV. The grounds were immaculate, someone always working on sprucing up the grounds. The pools were varied and nice. They have a beach type pool for kids, a slide in another and the large infinity edge. I would agree with other reviews that more umbrellas for shade would be helpful. They have a few of cabanas for a rental fee ($50.00 a day..ouch) but hardly any other shade available. I cannot comment on the restaurants or the breakfast buffet (didn't eat here at all)
We did hit the Happy Hour at Hawaii Calls bar one afternoon where they had multiple choices for drink specials. We chose the mango margarita and it was a very good drink. Overall it was a great base for our adventures around the island. My wifes sister and hubby stayed at the Hilton down the street, we visited there for a day and we were glad we stayed here, the other place was WAY too big. From the lobby it took us 15 minutes to walk to the pool, at the Marriott you are there in 55 seconds.
I would recommend the Marriott to couples over the Hilton as it seemed more intimate and friendly.
Overall a very nice stay. My only complaint would be having to wear a wrist band to enter the pools. Makes you feel like we were the ones policing the vistor policy. We used the Expedia desk onsite to book our helicopter trip, they were very helpful and even put a note under our door to surpise my wife about the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa