We met here for a family reunion around Christmas 2013. The hotel was just right for us. Although it did not have the super high end appearance and amenities of some resorts, it served everyone's needs and allowed us to have a nice time relaxing and enjoying the big island. The pool is beautiful, with a water slide and a heated infinity pool. The pool did not seem crowded. There are kids here, but not as many as I have seen at other resorts. The sun is very intense and the pool experience would be improved with more umbrellas or canopies to provide some shade.
The lobby and the lanai are spacious and did not seem crowded even though the hotel was at capacity while we were here. The gym was crowded most mornings and early evenings. Generally there are enough machines, although there was often a wait for the elliptical machines.
The beach was pretty, with turtles coming up now and then. The shave-ice vendor was nice.
Food in the one on site restaurant was "ok." Specialty dinners were buffet style and very expensive and nothing special. Other local dining options are available. Make sure you rent a car. The coffee shop was open only for a few hours in the morning. Cheap take out options are available at the Queen's Marketplace, which is a short walk from the hotel.
The overall decor at the Marriott is nice. The hotel is not brand new or the latest designs, but nothing really to complain about. The guest room TVs were excellent--large screen and full HD picture. Wifi worked well enough, but was spotty on occasion.
This hotel would benefit from more planned activities like hula classes, lei-making, etc. The classes are offered, but they filled up quickly and were not available on most days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa