Was caught between the courtyard more in town .vs. this resort Mariott and selected this to have a little more comfort (and a beach). Glad we did, its a great resort.
As many have said, everything is expensive in Hawaii it seems, but while we first balked at the 30$ breakfast buffet, we ended up getting a discount as elite members .. (and usually ate enough to skip lunch ;). Perhaps they have packages with breakfast included that give you even better pricing. Be prepared to pay a lot for food no matter where you go, when you have that in perspective, the hotel pricing is not that bad, and the food and service is great.
While we didn't try the spa, the hotel itself was nice. Rooms clean, nice pools, good beach, restaurant, a few shops, expedia travel group (helpful folks) in the lobby...
I considered giving 4 of 5 stars because for the last 4 days (despite opening tickets, and asking many times at the front) we were unable to connect on WiFi in the tower section. They did send someone once, and did try and fix it .. but it never worked and in the end we gave up and I was using my celular plan instead. Hope I don't get a huge bill now :) I realize that this was probably just a glitch (it worked fine the first week).. and in the end they didn't charge me the whole 'resort fee' that includes internet so it's cool ...more of a message to the staff that every little thing counts.
I would stay at the Marriott again, and I do recommend it. 1/2 hour from the airport, good central location to explore the south side of the island.
If I were to do it again, I would probably opt to stay a couple of days in Hilo instead of driving there and back from Kona. (they don't call it the big island for nothing). Even with the saddle road, if you go when the days are short, you miss out a good part of the day with the 2.5 hour (3.5 along the coast) drive each way.
Mahalo to the Staff at the Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa