We stayed at this hotel for two nights on our first trip to Hawaii during Christmas break 2012. My family of 4 traveled from the east coast, spent one night in Oahu and then flew to Hilo to do some sightseeing there. After an activity packed day we drove across the island to Waikoloa to the hotel, arriving there at about 12:30 am. When I arrived I was told that they had our room which was an oceanfront king. I explained that I had four people, and we booked a room with two beds months ago. At that point I was told that was not a guarantee, merely a request and I asked where exactly my two children would sleep. I was told the hotel was completely booked, but eventually they found another room--not oceanfront--that had a sleeper sofa and king bed. At 1am we got to the room and went to make the sleeper sofa and found blood on the mattress. When I called to complain to the front desk I was told to flip the mattress. At 7am I got a call from the front desk--different clerk--to tell me the difference in the room cost and ask me if I still wanted the room type I had booked--which I did--and then was told it would not be available during our stay. They woke up our entire family to tell me that they didn't have our room! I went to the front desk to complain and was asked if I wanted to send an email, which I did not, but then spoke to a supervisor who was very nice and gave us a complimentary luau. I know we would not stay at this hotel again and was happy to leave after the two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa