I wish there was a rating between average and very good. Opening the door you got a whiff of the bug spray. The door opened to the closet and the narrow entry made it a one person at a time ordeal. The entry hall was narrow and led past the bathroom to the bed. There was an even narrower area at the foot of the bed where the desk/dresser was. Our 4th floor ocean view room was 12' X 15'. The king bed was too close to the wall. The closeness made getting up from the low bed extremely difficult and you could easily get in a bind quickly. The bathroom was much more spacious. There was an older CRT non HD TV. Sometimes we got cable and sometimes not. There was no CNBC for market freaks like me. The 12' side of the room was the balcony. The sliding glass door and the remaining glass wall made it a beautiful view. The grounds are impeccable and the many pools made it stunning. When we decided on the full ocean view we didn't consider the walking that it was going to require. But it was still a delight. To have internet access in your room you need to have a device that will accept an Ethernet plug. Otherwise you need to be in the lobby area for the wireless. The business center is available for a fee. We used the self parking and the back door by the tennis courts was convenient. We were unimpressed with the luau. Paul at the concierge's office was good help. The housekeeping crew were fast. Towels were plentiful and good. During our 4 nights we had one bug on the pillow and another on the floor. Also a small lizard on the ice bucket. I wouldn't pick this hotel for a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa