I returned to this property based on a former pleasant stay 10 months ago.
Polite, serrvice oriented staff
Beautiful location and grounds, resort style
Comfortable, clean and nicely decorated rooms with free wired internet access
Silent central A/C.
Nearby shopping centers with supermarket.
Old fashioned low quality CRT TV set, NOT LED, no flat screen !
Very expensive MANDATORY daily resort fees at USD27 like in most Hawaii resorts
Hotel beach may not be the best of the island with coral and rocks but boasts beautiful sunsets.
The beautifulm carpet is stained here and there and wall papers are peeling off in some areas giving a feeling of poor cleanliness and unmaintained hotel which I assume is not the case.
This deterioration took place recently as it did not show up 10 months ago.
Demanding upscale guests may also not like the very middle class clientele on a package and families with noisy kids especially around the small but beautiful infinity pool.
In house restaurants are a little bit overpriced for what you get.
Some foreign housekeepers don’t speak understandable English and regularly leave long black hair in the bathroom.
Although it was not a problem, bathroom amenities and towels were never arranged the same way during our stay.
In this price range on this part of the island the only competitor is the neighboring Hilton but this huge resort looks more like a Seaquarium or a local Disneyland than a tranquil resort.
This is why I will return soon for a third stay before this Marriott needs some minor renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Marriott Waikoloa