“Hilton Lagoon Grill Restaurant Review”

Lagoon Grill at Hilton Waikoloa
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii
“Hilton Lagoon Grill Restaurant Review”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

On a beautiful September day after snorkeling in Anaeho'omalu Bay, Waikoloa, Hawaii, my wife and I chose to have lunch at Hilton's poolside Lagoon Grill. We started with drinks. She had water with a lemon wedge. I had lemonade. Both were wonderful. I enjoyed the lemonade so much I ordered a 2nd glass before our lunch order arrived. For lunch, Leise, had the Catch-of-the-Day, Mahi-Mahi, burger and I had the Cheeseburger Special with Onion Rings. I ordered my burger with cheddar cheese then added applewood bacon and Hamakua mushrooms. The Hamakua coast is the north east coast of Hawai'i on the windward side (the wet side) of the island.

The Mahi-Mahi burger was dry and flavorless. Leise said it needed some salt. With no salt on the table, she chose to use catsup. She said it turned the tartar sauce on the burger into a thousand island sauce and it helped. It was dry at first but once the juices mixed together it was nice.

I loved my bacon, mushroom, cheddar burger. It was cokked to medium rare, just the way I like it. The mushrooms were divine. I will seek them out at other restaurants in the future. The bacon was tasty and added the perfect mouth watering amount of salt which I enjoyed tremendously.

Finally the onion rings were my favorite type. They were crispy, but not too crispy. They were so flavorful that they required no sauces of any kind.

Whether you choose to sit and watch the dolphins swimming while you eat or you look over the lagoon and 20 foot waterfall, enjoying the fish, eels, and sea turtles (honu) swimming below, you will always have a great experience at Hilton's Lagoon Pool restaurant. With great service, good food, and great scenery we give it 4 stars.

James C. Christopher
ThruJimsEyes.com

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Beautiful place not the food”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Four of us stopped for some non alcoholic beverages and a snack. The drinks were good. However, when the fruit plate with banana bread we ordered arrived we noticed the moldy grapes. This is the Hilton in Waikoloa on the Big Island. Moldy grapes? Really? At the most expensive location on the Island! We complained and a fresh plate was brought to us. No discount. The server was very friendly.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Average lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Did lunch here one day...the service was very quick..even the staff remarked that the fast service that I received was due more to my hitting the grill at a slow time..had a burger..average...burgers at Huggos on the rocks in Kona were much better

Visited August 2012
Glendora, California
“Very good food”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The quality of the food was good but a little priicy. It's such a shame to pay $22.00 for a sandwich and fries.

Visited August 2012
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
“A Nice Place to get a Light Meal”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We sat by the dolphin's swimming area, which was quite fun to watch, while we ate. The outside dining was fun, with no flying insects noted. Menu is very limited. Food is satisfactory, and staff is friendly, but, not very attentive.

• Visited September 2012