“Great training/certification experience”

Menlo Park, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great training/certification experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My son, nephew, and myself went through Blue Wilderness's PADI Open Diver certification course and were very happy with the quality of the training and instruction. Our primary instructor, Michal, was outstanding. He took our training and safety very seriously, carefully explaining the tasks we needed to perform beforehand and then clearly and attentively coaching us while in the water.

Our ocean dives combined structured training with a bit of underwater sightseeing, where the instructors pointed out interesting sea life and modeled good diving habits. It was a nicely balanced mix.

I'd have no hesitation recommending Blue Wilderness to anyone seeing SCUBA certification.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Arthur W

New York City, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“and fresh baked cookies too...”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Amazing dive experience with Tony, Sam, Michael, etc. The dives were fantastic; well explained in advance. The crew went above and beyond to ensure that everyone was comfortable, well hydrated, and had plenty of home baked cookies supplied by Denise. What a great treat!!! I will dive with you again the next time I am on the Big Island.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank J0sephUSA
Plano, Texas, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outstanding Operation”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked a 2 tank dive after cancelling a dive with another operation. This is a small probably family operation that is top notch all the way around. They are very friendly and helpful. They use a large Zodiac which actually adds to the fun. The DM were very knowledgeable and just the right amount of safe without being obtrusive or authoritarian. Their location in Kohala instead of Kona was also an added bonus. I will dive with them again as well as rent equipment from them on my next trip to the big island.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DiverTX1962
Santa Clara, CA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Team and Great Dives!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked two days of diving with Blue Wilderness. Both days were two-tank dives along the Kolaha coast. From my initial contact over the phone to the dives themselves, the team members were very friendly and helpful. I was staying in Waikoloa, where the dive shop is located. Dave, one of the owners, picked me up at my condo both days to give me a ride to the boat. Denise, the other owner, was the divemaster the first day; there were just two of us diving with her. Eric was our captain. The equipment was fine and the dives were great. Dave was my divemaster the second day of diving. We had about ten or twelve folks that day, but were were split into three dive groups. Tony was our captain. Denise, Dave and Sam all guided dives. I enjoyed the family feel of the dives, the warm welcome and obvious knowledge they have of the area. And Denise makes the best chocolate chip macademia nut cookies on the island for snacks between dives. I highly recommend Blue Wilderness and hope to dive with them again when I get back to the Big Island!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sobaytravelguy
Melbourne, Australia
“Thanks for some amazing dives”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

These guys were awesome. I went with them on a double dive one morning in early August 2013 and it was great fun. The places we visited were beautiful and the crew and the dive masters did their best to make the experience simply amazing. Thanks very much!

Visited August 2013