“Top shelf diving!!!!”

Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures
Reviewed January 24, 2013

So I was here on a family holiday when I walked into the shop to just look. I had been thinking about diving for sometime however had never made the commitment to try it.... after speaking with Dave I felt very comfortable with trying it! Within a 4 days I had completed my open water & was loving it! Awesome dive boat they have made me very comfortable & added to the ease of diving! Dave and the crew made my dives very easy to become used to. I saw turtles, beautiful coral and wonderfully colourful fish! Absolutely top shelf crew! Thanks for a great first experience!!!
Cheers

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We dove with blue wilderness and had a blast. They have the best boat for those of us that get sea sick. Very smooth and fast. Loads of fun. We saw everything from unique coral to turtle cleaning stations. We will return.

2  Thank Mark L
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The blue wilderness crew took such good care of us while enjoying the the critters of the sea. They were safe, fun and patient with newbies. We had some more experienced divers on the boat too and they came out of the water with only smiles. In betweeen dives we even got to see many humpbacks surface and breach. I would highly recommend this company for beginners and experts.

1  Thank Ssrak
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently used Blue Wilderness for our referral Open Water dives. The experience was exceptional! Denise Vidosh, the owner, is simply a wonderful person. Once she learnt that our 11 year old had struggled with some of the pool skills in Vancouver, she insisted on having him to her home to practice the skills in her pool, completely free of charge. She gave him so much confidence and accomplished more in 1/2 hour than 8 hours of pool time back home. Our open water dives were incredible!! Diane and her team are so talented and kind. From their knowledge and warmth, to fresh baked cookies and camaraderie, the entire experience was perfect. We all completed our Open Water certification, but more importantly, grew to love scuba diving through our experience with Denise and Blue Wilderness. We will be back - can't wait!!

2  Thank PursegirlVancouver
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We dove with Blue Wilderness Dive Adventure based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. Disclaimer: we dove the week of 2 Sep, tourism has definitely slowed, and thus my wife and I basically had a personal guide since we were the only two signed up for the dive. Their shop is close to the Hilton Waikaloa and they picked us up at the resort. Perhaps their vehicle could have a decal, logo etc so we could identify them (there are other various tour operators picking up as well) but they found us quickly nonetheless. The boat was waiting for us at the dock, and the crew (Sam and Eric) were friendly, knowledgable and helpful. They picked two great dive locations (6th hole and the Turtle Cleaning Station), and we saw a great variety of what the Big Island has to offer. We had our own fins, boots, masks, and snorkels and rented the rest of our equipment with them. The equipment was in great shape and included dive computers and wet suits (which we felt we needed by the second dive). They do prefer you put the BC on in the water. Not a big deal but I do recommend you look at it first (we did not) just to get an idea of what/how many Velcro straps, buckles etc you'll be fumbling for. Snacks (water and cookies) were provided between dives, and the crew did all the "heavy lifting" for us (tanks, cleaning etc) as you'd expect. We'd definitely use them again if visiting the area.

1  Thank Tater737