“Great SCUBA experience.”

Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We dove with Blue Wilderness Dive Adventure based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed. Disclaimer: we dove the week of 2 Sep, tourism has definitely slowed, and thus my wife and I basically had a personal guide since we were the only two signed up for the dive. Their shop is close to the Hilton Waikaloa and they picked us up at the resort. Perhaps their vehicle could have a decal, logo etc so we could identify them (there are other various tour operators picking up as well) but they found us quickly nonetheless. The boat was waiting for us at the dock, and the crew (Sam and Eric) were friendly, knowledgable and helpful. They picked two great dive locations (6th hole and the Turtle Cleaning Station), and we saw a great variety of what the Big Island has to offer. We had our own fins, boots, masks, and snorkels and rented the rest of our equipment with them. The equipment was in great shape and included dive computers and wet suits (which we felt we needed by the second dive). They do prefer you put the BC on in the water. Not a big deal but I do recommend you look at it first (we did not) just to get an idea of what/how many Velcro straps, buckles etc you'll be fumbling for. Snacks (water and cookies) were provided between dives, and the crew did all the "heavy lifting" for us (tanks, cleaning etc) as you'd expect. We'd definitely use them again if visiting the area.

1  Thank Tater737

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I just got back from the big island and this is the first time that I have dove with Blue Wilderness. The dive boat was quick and smooth. The staff was fantastic and gave us a great dive! They are the cheapest dollar wise on the big island and they also give a great military discount. I highly recommend this shop for any level of diving. They normally have you gear up in the water and I tried that once but that wasn't for me, so I found the best way was to gear up in the boat and roll out.

1  Thank Fernando E
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I recently travelled to the Big Island of Hawaii and was fortunate to select Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures for the diving. I hate cattle boats - which is why I love Blue Wilderness - they only took out a small group of divers yet had a good ratio of dive masters to divers. On several of our dives, we had divers with a significant difference in experience. They effectively accommodated us all by assigning dive masters to each group according to their ability. The bottom line is each group had a great experience. The new divers dove within their ability. The experienced divers had more challenging dives. We also had a new diver. Denise did a great job in bringing her along. I have dove in many locations throughout the US and the Caribbean and have been with some great dive companies. I would rate Blue Wilderness at the top of the list. Denise, Sam, Eric, Dave - you are all great. Thanks for such a wonderful time!

2  Thank Four2n8guy
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Did a two tank dive with Blue Wilderness and loved the experience. There were 6 of us with 2 dive masters. Had plenty of time to explore some fabulous reefs. A member of our party had a hard time equalizing her ear and the dive master stayed right with her and helped her along. Love the smaller group that went out instead of the large boats.

1  Thank sassymomma5
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My first dive after being PADI certified in 1982 was in Maui in 2010. This time, I went to "The Big Island." I found Blue Wilderness at the "Queens" mall in Waikoloa. The staff there were very friendly and encouraging, especially since I indicated this would be my first boat dive. The boat crew/dive masters, David and Tony, bent over backwards to ensure I did everything correctly. Their patience was indescribable. David, the dive master for this dive, pointed out every interesting creature and feature of each reef and cave (swim-through) we visited. Though somewhat claustrophobic, I felt very comfortable diving through some of the beautiful reefs we visited. In Maui, I had a great 45 minute dive for about $175 (including gear). With Blue Wilderness, I spent $140.40 (including gear) and had one 77 minute dive and a 65 minute dive. There were even home-made snacks!! In Maui, I spent an additional $25 to get a couple of pictures from the dive. David sent me pictures from his personal camera for free!! If you are in Waikoloa, seek Blue Wilderness out. You will be amazed at the stuff you'll see and even more amazed at the value!!

1  Thank James S