“Best dive boat on big island”

Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures
Salem, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best dive boat on big island”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I just got back from the big island and this is the first time that I have dove with Blue Wilderness. The dive boat was quick and smooth. The staff was fantastic and gave us a great dive! They are the cheapest dollar wise on the big island and they also give a great military discount. I highly recommend this shop for any level of diving. They normally have you gear up in the water and I tried that once but that wasn't for me, so I found the best way was to gear up in the boat and roll out.

1 Thank Fernando E

Odenton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding Dive Company”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I recently travelled to the Big Island of Hawaii and was fortunate to select Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures for the diving. I hate cattle boats - which is why I love Blue Wilderness - they only took out a small group of divers yet had a good ratio of dive masters to divers. On several of our dives, we had divers with a significant difference in experience. They effectively accommodated us all by assigning dive masters to each group according to their ability. The bottom line is each group had a great experience. The new divers dove within their ability. The experienced divers had more challenging dives. We also had a new diver. Denise did a great job in bringing her along. I have dove in many locations throughout the US and the Caribbean and have been with some great dive companies. I would rate Blue Wilderness at the top of the list. Denise, Sam, Eric, Dave - you are all great. Thanks for such a wonderful time!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Four2n8guy
Dallas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great diving!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Did a two tank dive with Blue Wilderness and loved the experience. There were 6 of us with 2 dive masters. Had plenty of time to explore some fabulous reefs. A member of our party had a hard time equalizing her ear and the dive master stayed right with her and helped her along. Love the smaller group that went out instead of the large boats.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank sassymomma5
Corona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW!! A true dive adventure.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My first dive after being PADI certified in 1982 was in Maui in 2010. This time, I went to "The Big Island." I found Blue Wilderness at the "Queens" mall in Waikoloa. The staff there were very friendly and encouraging, especially since I indicated this would be my first boat dive. The boat crew/dive masters, David and Tony, bent over backwards to ensure I did everything correctly. Their patience was indescribable. David, the dive master for this dive, pointed out every interesting creature and feature of each reef and cave (swim-through) we visited. Though somewhat claustrophobic, I felt very comfortable diving through some of the beautiful reefs we visited. In Maui, I had a great 45 minute dive for about $175 (including gear). With Blue Wilderness, I spent $140.40 (including gear) and had one 77 minute dive and a 65 minute dive. There were even home-made snacks!! In Maui, I spent an additional $25 to get a couple of pictures from the dive. David sent me pictures from his personal camera for free!! If you are in Waikoloa, seek Blue Wilderness out. You will be amazed at the stuff you'll see and even more amazed at the value!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank James S
Happy Valley, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great customer service and fun adventure”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Staff was very good and pleasant. Enjoyable outing.

Visited March 2012