“Best breakfast on the island”
Review of Dave's Plate and Coffee Shack - CLOSED

Dave's Plate and Coffee Shack
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Ca
“Best breakfast on the island”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Like any curios traveler we did a little bit a research before we left for our most recent trip to the Big Island. After reading and reading, we decided that we need to try this place called Dave’s coffee shack. The place is located in Waikoloa and it looks like a shack, but it is the most amazing shack I’ve ever been to. The décor is very simple, but eclectic with Hawaiian influence and a lot of local art. The owner, Dave is the most wonderful and friendly person we ever met. Large menu for breakfast from pancakes with coconut syrup to ahi with eggs benedict and also a great assortment of coffees (my favorite is the mocha). Loved every minute of our experience at Dave’s! I know where I’ll have breakfast next time.

1 Thank Isis30Ca

Cobble Hill, Canada
“As Good As the Reviews”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a little difficulty finding the place but finally asked someone sitting on the deck of a local coffee place. Her response was "It is not in the Village Shopping Center" but across the highway, on the corner. It doesn't look like much but it is where I go when I want breakfast or lunch. I am just having coffee now but YOU MUST GO! It is great!" And it was.
Not much to look at but friendly, fast, and incredibly tasty. And it is hard to believe the prices. We had breakfast for two plus coffee, all for under $11. Another couple who were staying at the expensive Hilton Club down the road said this was better food and one third the price of where they were staying. We will visit it again later in the week when traveling up Island.

1 Thank CorkVictoria
Royal Oak, Michigan
“A local hidden gem!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is one of those hidden gems. Without searching here or asking a local you'd never know the place existed. What a find. Great food, and plenty of it, served with more than just a smile. Every time we stopped in we were treated better than family. The conversations were just as good as the food in this locally owned little place. I'm still smiling. Don't miss this one.

• Visited July 2012
Green Bay Wisconsin
“Do not miss this place in Waikaloa Village!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought it was too good to be true - but it wasn't.
Friendly staff, great food and low prices make this a must.
In the years we have been coming to the Big Island we've found so many great "local" restaurants, and thought we couldn't find anything better, but we did.
We'll be back - often.

Sacramento, California
“Lovely people, delicious food!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I almost hate to tell you about this place, because I don't want to break the spell. We had breakfast here three times on our vacation and fell completely in love with this little shack and the people who work here. The pancakes are awesome! I think the eggs benedict are great too, but I'll never know because my husband wouldn't share.