“Great dive operation!”

Waikoloa Coast Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Waikoloa Coast Divers and Sportfishing
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I dove with WCD On Feb 26 and 27. We only planned to dive one day. But the diving was so good and the dive boat run so well, we had to return a second day. The first day of diving was highlighted by beautiful coral, plenty of fish and a great boat ride between dives that found about 30 dolphin swimming under the bow of our boat for a good 10 minutes. We were treated with the soothing sounds of whale calls throughout our dives as well. Day two was the topper. We were given an excellent predive orientation by Divemaster/boat captain Bob. His instructions were invaluable as we knew exactly what to do when we encountered the ocean life he was quite familiar with. He brought out octopus after octopus. When fellow Divemaster Adam alerted all about a helmet conch he discovered, we all watched in awe as Bob swept his hand under it, gently picked it up, and shared this creature of the Pacific with all. But the show stopper was the manta ray. We all watched in total amazement as the manta continued to hang out with us. She posed for all of our cameras and demonstrated just what a graceful creature she is. Owner/operator Doug made booking our dives a piece of cake, his staff spoiled us on the (they set up our gear on the boat), and I have never seen a pineapple carved like the one prepared for our between dive. 4 stars!

2  Thank Chuck B

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Let me first say, I rarely leave reviews. This outfit was spectacular. With out exaggeration we were made to feel like family for the word go. The morning of our dives, we got to the beach early , and we were greeted by Adam. He was extremely polite and answered all our preliminary questions, ( my wife was a bit nervous having not been diving in a while) it turns out that Adam ( they only hire instructors) would be our dive guide and handle us with the patience and safety anyone could ask for.A super dive guide that not only helped calm and reassure my wife, but also pointed out eels , a white tip shark!!!!!, and many other creatures.

Capt. Bob was awesome as well , we could not believe we were actually seeing whales so up close. He is a walking whale information center , and very sure about the safest way to enjoy his boat. Thanks to the owner Dan ( I think) for an excellent value and a First Class experience , if you dive .... There no other place than home with these pros

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a true recreational diver and go diving when I can. I really enjoy diving on vacation and Waikoloa Coast Divers was the perfect option. I am staying at the Marriott and can see the boat from my room. I met up with the crew and was very happy to see that they are a top notch operation. Captain Bob was great- why?? Not only did he take us out to our dive spots but we got to swim with dolphins and see several whales. Capt. Bob positioned us right in the middle of about 6 whales and we had one breach right next to the boat, safely away- but we got a better view then the whale cruise that was near us. The dive spots were excellent and safety was the first concern. Being a rec diver for many years and not a "master" by any means- the crew was helpful and attentive. Some dive companies have an attitude, NOT HERE, this is a reputable company, great staff and well worth the coast. All gear is available and on the boat. This one is. Must if your a diver, we did some mortified cave, saw plenty of fish, coral reefs, eels, dolphins, whales and other marine life. I was able to swim with the dolphins! Don't miss this if your looking for a morning 2 tank dive with a return by 11:30. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had a fabulous time with Waikaloa Coast Divers! It was my first dive ever - and I couldn't have been in better hands. They were reassuring, patient and professional. They got me hooked! My husband has been on several dives and was equally impressed with the guides and locations. We will definitely dive with them again and would recommend them to anyone looking to dive on the big island.

Fairleigh & John Jackson
Baton rouge, Louisiana

Reviewed February 1, 2014

If you like small groups with a personal touch from the crew, these guys are the ones to go with!!! I signed up for a 2 tank dive, but they had a family going out for three tanks and asked if I wanted to join them. How could I resist?! After finishing our second dive, we had the luxury of witnessing a baby humpback being born right next to our boat... Talk about an awesome experience!!!! Thank you so much for an unforgettable day!!! I only wish I was here longer to go out more!!!!