“Great Diving Trip”

Owner description: Waikoloa Coast Divers and Sportfishing
Verona, New Jersey
“Great Diving Trip”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the Big Island for our 30th anniversary, along with another couple celebrating their 25th. My friend and I, (the husband of the other couple), booked a diving trip Doug and Bob through the Watersport service our hotel. Booking was fast and easy. Pickup went very smoothly. We enjoyed a two tank dive trip, each dive lasting about 45 minutes. Our guide Bob was very knowledgable, taking us through lava tubes, past stunning coral reefs teeming with fish and into two caves occupied by White Tip Reef Sharks! We even had an octopus on our hand!! I will definitely be calling these guys the next time I visit the Big Island.

Visited May 2013

North Carolina
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome Service”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I went scuba diving - I am certified and he is not - he had to take the Discover Scuba Diving Course. We both had a great experience and felt very safe the whole time. Doug and Bob were great at explaining all of the necessary skills for scuba to my boyfriend. Bob was a great instructor/ guide in the water - he found an octopus and a few reef sharks for us to check out. James was a fun captain - he made a few great recommendations for dinner places for us to try. They served pineapple and pretzels for snacks and there was plenty of water on board. The equipment was all in good condition and they carried everything on board - which came in handy when I needed an extra wet suit for the second dive. I would highly recommend diving with Waikoloa Divers!

Visited February 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we didn't dive with this shop, but utilized them for our shore diving gear. they are extremely friendly and helpful. would love to try a charter with them next time!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PBuiLiesl
Naples, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 498 helpful votes
“Best Dive Outfitter on the Big Island”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Any time we're on the Big Island I use Waikoloa Coast Divers. Doug and his son are excellent dive masters and give personalized service based on the divers experience. The boat is newer, the max divers I've seen has been 6 but sometimes it was me and another guy, they have a snack/trail mix, fruit and water between dives. During whale season, between dives, you get an up-close view of whales. You leave the beach at 7:30-7:45am and return at 12:30pm for a 2 tank dive. They go to about 30 different dive sites. Today we saw an octopus, shark, turtles, plenty of little fish, alot of coral, manta ray and eels. They take cash, credit card or room charge. Doug has been diving for over 40 years and you can tell loves what he does and safety is always first.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank elf.dml
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent boat dives!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great dives! We saw Mantay rays, octopi, and many many tropical fish. Diving in lava tubes was amazing. Convenient to meet the boat on the beach. What helpful, knowledgable and professional staff. They all went out of their way to ensure we had a safe and fun time diving. I highly recommend Waikoloa Coast Divers!

1 Thank Lisa V