“New Heights”

Little Falls, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“New Heights”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were skeptical, having never flown in a helicopter before, but decided that we needed to see the Big Island in ALL of its glory on our final day in paradise. It was a great decision!

The professionalism, courtesy and friendliness was unparalleled from the moment we arrived through our departure from this must-do experience. Our pilot, Noah, was so accommodating while providing us a truly memorable afternoon.

We have been gushing about it to anyone who will listen. My wife wanted to go back up for another run immediately after landing.

• Korean first
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our #1 favorite excursion on the Big Island”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Professional, safety first, precise, friendly, informative...this was the highlight and favorite excursion of our family vacation! Everyone in our party, ages 86 to 4 years old had a grand flight.....A+
Hugely expensive but worth every penny. Sights and views are so different from the air than they are on the ground. You could never hike to these locations. Just do it.

Visited June 2014
Orange County
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Take the FULL Tour”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We took the one hour tour of the island and it was worth it. Red lava, lava tubes, volcanos, waterfalls, everything you would want to see you will see it. You can't go over the active volcano for obvious reasons, but you still could see it from the legal distance.

Birmingham, AL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Absolutely spectacular”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family of 14 took the Big Island Spectacular tour. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Blue Hawaiian Helicopters had no trouble accommodating our large group. While everyone knows the Big Island is beautiful, you really cannot appreciate just HOW beautiful until you have seen her from the air. The stark contrast between Hilo and Kona is amazing. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and quite funny. The ground staff was very friendly. Best of all, each tour is videoed by cameras mounted inside and outside the helicopter so you can relive the experience at home!

Greensboro, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Bring your dramamine!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am so grateful that my husband suggested that I take a Dramamine before this helicopter tour! I tend to get motion sickness in the car (I'm okay on boats), and I would have been a mess otherwise. The weather was not great on our tour, which really interfered with the experience. Of course that is not the fault of the tour company. Our tour guide was fairly knowledgeable but not as much as I expected. We did the tour on the northwest side of the island (not the volcanoes tour, which had to be canceled due to the weather). It was beautiful to see the waterfalls and to get a birds-eye view of the island. However, for the money, I would not do it again. We stayed on Kauai the week before, and we wished we had done the helicopter tour through Waimea canyon instead. In general, I would suggest that people doing this tour keep a careful eye on the weather and try to get a clear day (although it is difficult - the north side of the island gets a LOT of rain).