“A MUST DO”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A MUST DO”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a must for anyone who goes to the Big Island. We started out the first day and it was to cloudy so they gave us the option to turn around and re-book it or do the rest of the tour except the volcano. Of course we wanted to see teh volcano and they were able to get us in the very next day in the morning. It was well worth waiting an extra day. We saw the lava in the crater, we saw lavaing flowing and we saw a bunch of waterfalls. I can know check some things off of my bucket list. I would totally recommend it to anyone. Thank you for the great experience. Joyce Davis

Novato, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Big Island Spectacular - very cool”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I took the Big Island Spectacular tour. We had an 'A' day with the weather cooperating everywhere including Hilo. The tour was really cool and our pilot very knowledgeable. I believer our pilot's name was Steve, but, I've since lost the paper I wrote it down on so I can't be sure. Regardless, he did a great job and shared a ton of information during the tour. He told us to let him know if we didn't get a good shot of something and he'd circle back if you missed it. We saw lava, got to see the flow consuming some trees which was my purpose in booking. Absolutely loved the part where we went into the Populu valley and got up close to several falls. It was amazing.

I have only one thing I didn't like about this tour. I've been on other tours where, if there is a stop, they would rearrange the passengers to give those who were sitting in the middle back seats to go up front or at least on the sides. That didn't happen with this tour even though we did stop in Hilo for fuel and it was the perfect opportunity. Not sure why they don't follow this practice. The two sitting in the front definitely get the best seats and would have been good of the company to spread that around a bit since we all pay the same.

Overall totally worth it and I would recommend this tour.

Visited January 2014
Orland Park, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“The only way to see Hawaii”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed two different Big Island Spectacular trips. Our 1st Pilot Scott was cut short because of weather. They rescheduled and we were able to go up again with John. Both pilots were very knowledgeable and had a good sense of humor. The 2+ hour trip went quickly. John made it a point to fly over the lava and other pts of interest so all could get a great view. We flew Blue Hawaiian during our vacation in Maui so we were familiar with their level of quality and very experienced pilots. For example Scott their lead pilot in Hawaii flew Black Hawks. John also flew while in the Army. It's a bit expensive but your paying for a trip you'll be talking about for yrs with quality pilots and staffs. It's well worth the investment. Our trip for 3 was $972 with the internet and Holo Holo discount card. Make sure you get the card because it entitles you to discounts with other tours / excursions / Luau's / massages etc. We got ours through the Hilton.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“value for money”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We spent our 1 yr wedding anniversary, belated honeymoon and husbands birthday doing the big island spectacular... A lot of pressure for the company! Couldn't do the volcano tour due to weather but the company were amazing with offers of refund, reschedule or take us anyway but somewhere else!
The pilot, Shane was awesome with his knowledge of the area and his ability to know 'when to speak'...
We work in tourism in Australia and could not fault this company even if we tried! Oh, actually a second toilet in the facility would be good ;)
Going to Hilo tomorrow and will probably try for a volcano flight.
Great job guys- a well oiled machine and hats off to you!!
Check out skydive oz (moruya NSW) if any of your staff are down under ;) we will be sure to give you a good deal!

Zürich
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fantastic tour”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

we have had a great tour around Big Island. Our pilot John gave a lot of back ground information so we learned a lot about this beautiful nature. Thank you once again for this great experience! Roger & Family, Switzerland