“The Best Part of Our Vacation”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Waikoloa
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Waikoloa
Middletown
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“The Best Part of Our Vacation”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The pilot was Mark and we both agree that he made this flight the best part of our vacation. He brought us up and over the active volcanos and spent about 45 miniutes over them showing us the damage the lava has done and getting us close enough to actually see the lava flow. We can't say enough good things about this tour and feel that Mark made it and the way he flew. We can't thank him or Blue Hawaiian Helicopters enough

Danville, Pennsylvania
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beautiful Views with Experienced and Knowledgeable Pilot”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We took the Kohola Coast tour in the Ecostar helicopter and were graced with perfect weather and no low cloud cover. This allowed us to go further into the valleys to get closer to the unobstructed view of the waterfalls. There is no other way to see some parts of the coast we were able to see, except by a helicopter. I would certainly like to do another tour of the island(s), though my wife will likely stay on the ground, as she was bothered by the movements of the helicopter.

Saint Louis, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Views of the North Coast & Waterfalls”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I have never been in a helicopter before. So this was a first time experience. They picked us up at the hotel, had us at the location in minutes and reviewed a few safety items with us.

We went along the north coast to see amazing views, then up the valley to see waterfall after waterfall. BEAUTIFUL! We would have never see some of the things we saw, if not for Blue Hawaiian Helicopters.

The pilot was very knowledgeable about the island and did a great job interacting with us. My wife can get a bit claustrophobic and the pilot noticed she was getting uncomfortable. He turned up the air conditioning, redirected his vents and talked to her a bit. She did great and it was a great adventure.

1 Thank Dennislee2
Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Always Fly Blue Hawaiian!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my 4th trip to the Big Island, and my 3rd trip with Blue Hawaiian. I had already done the Big Island Spectacular and the Kohala Coast, but because my friend had never been to Hawaii, we opted to do the Kohala Coast Adventure and fly with another company over the volcano. While we enjoyed both tours, the other did not compare to Blue Hawaiian in terms of professionalism and customer service. I always appreciate how friendly the staff are, how much importance they put on safety, and how nice their facilities are at Waikoloa. I would suggest that they invest in another restroom, though, as a line quickly formed for their one toilet.

The heli tour itself was wonderful. The pilot was actually one of the company's trainer pilots (as in he trains, not was in training), so we felt really safe with him. He shared so much history with us, and always made sure to tell us when a good photo op was coming up. He did a great job of turning the heli around so everyone in it got a great view. Overall, wonderful tour.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Laura L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We did the two hour big island tour. I was a bit nervous since the price was high but we booked online and received a $100 discount which was helpful. They picked us up and dropped off at hotel complimentary. Our pilot Greg was amazing! He was funny, informative, and made sure all of us got a view of everything. We booked the Aline and were upgraded to Ecostar complimentary. My only complaint was that there wasn't anytime at the end to tip the pilot because he was that great!