“A truly fantastic experience...”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Waikoloa
and up
Big Island Spectacular Helicopter Tour
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Waikoloa
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My partner and I took the Ring of Fire tour in October 2012 to view the volcano and lava fields. My partner is a pilot so is obviously VERY particular about who we fly with. This was a truly fantastic experience. Blue Hawaiian Helicopters is a very professional company. From the booking, to the checking in, to the safety briefing and especially to our pilot Ethan it was smooth flying all the way. Thanks to you all for making this so much fun. And a very big thank you to the volcano for performing on cue!!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I took the two hour tour from the Waikoloa area and were not disappointed. The pilot did a great job with taking his time around the major sights that we saw at both the volcano park and looking at the cliffs and waterfalls. He did not try to make the trip a thrill ride and was very knowledgable about everything that we saw. The price was high, but it was for an experience that is a once in a lifetime type experience.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

After travelling through roads lined with black lava rocks, our flight from the Kona helicopter base was amazing to say the least, when we flew around the active volcano and experienced the glowing lava and lava flows it was incredible. Then to follow the coastline of magic blue waters and fly up an incredibly beautiful green valley of cascading waterfalls an amazing trip - coupled with a really knowledgeable pilot - thank you Justin.
The only true way to see "The Big Island".
Option to purchase a DVD of your trip.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our second time with Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours. The first was in Maui last year. Today was the volcanoes and waterfalls in Hilo Hawaii. Jeremy, our pilot was fantastic and LOVED his music choices. Throughout the tour he addressed each passenger by name and interacted with all of us. He was very knowledgeable about the lava flows and gave us a wonderful and engaging educational experience. Fantastic all the way around. I will never hesitate to book a Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour. Worth every penny.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I wasn't too excited about going in a helicopter but my husband wanted it for his birthday. We did the tour of the Kohala Coast and the views were spectacular. Justin was our pilot and he made me feel as comfortable as possible (for someone who was terrified).
The staff seemed to take everything very seriously and were very organized in getting all the groups on the helicopters.