“I am Not a Spa Guy But After This Treatment I'm Joining Up”
Review of Kohala Spa

Kohala Spa
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Kohala spa is absolutely sheer luxury i will be going back many times in the future.
my girlfriend and i opted for the couples massage. After descending into the large open lobby we were directed into the unisex sections of the spa. The mens section was composed of a large waiting room comfortably appointed with deep couches, teas, fruits and waters. the locker room is large and spacious, with you locker containing , a robe, sauna shoes and towel. there are showers,and plenty of sinks for a large crowd. each shower comes complete with kohala spa shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in what look like quart pump bottles.
There is a sauna, steam room, outdoor Jacuzzi, and two private whirlpools.
After getting comfortable in the mens spa i went out to the mens waiting room, and the masseuse arrived taking me to the couples massage room. Surrounded by nice scents and smooth music i was given the massage that converted me. the masseuse found a stiff knot in a muscle around my scapula, and proceeded to work on it to work it out..... I fell asleep it was too short. I LOVE MASSAGES, & SPAS
You have a new convert

There are newer reviews for Kohala Spa

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been coming to the Kohala Spa for the past 15 years. We love the people there, especially Mati and Kamy in the ladies spa. They take really good care of you. If you want an awesome massage see Jason. He has been there for many years. The showes, steam, sauna and large outdoor hot tub of lava in a garden setting are all excellent. Very clean. The gym is ok.

2  Thank pattygoodwoman
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had a massage at the spa. It was just great. Get an appointment for early in the day, you get use of the spa facilities (sauna, steamroom) all day of your treatment.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great Place to Unwindnice place to unwind after a difficult trip from St. Louis to Kona Kailua. It was very spacious to the point of grandiose, and had quite a few amenities in the ladies spa. A private open air jacuzzi, a dry sauna, a steam room with a humorous lava rock cauldron for steam, rows of spa showers, turkish towelling, signature shampoo, conditioner & soap. iced water with oranges & vanilla, apples, & hot herbal teas were also offered. I had booked a deep tissue massage for 50 minutes for the island standard rate of $145. i also could use the gym if i chose. staff was fairly friendly, a little condescending until i said i make spas a regular part of any trip i take. the massage therapist whitney deserves a shout out here - she was about the best deep tissue massage therapist i've had. there was no phoo phoo half trained beginner here - she unknotted my aching muscle groups like a champ. i ate lunch poolside with the spouse later & walked around afterwards. highly recommended here- my caveat is that it IS expensive here! if you have the budget for this, go for it. it was worth it to me.

3  Thank christine s
Reviewed September 5, 2012

It was perfect in everyway, a steam sauna, massage, and outdoor jacuzzi I would have liked to visited everyday.