Tripadvisor
Waikoloa
All reviews ocean tower power outlets hgvc members hilton grand vacations boat ride huge complex your luggage local fish burger and fries coffee machine beautiful resort parking fee front office beautiful room our night stay two double beds island gourmet
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wish there will be not any mistakes or overcharge in the charging/billing results. Now I am waiting for the deposit return, and even if any mistakes occur there would be no way for me to rectify it. I am just expecting it to be an errorless result.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
HiltonGrandVacations, Resort Director at Ocean Tower By Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I apologize for any billing errors which may have occurred. Please reach out to me directly at wilbert.lee@hgv.com if you find it has not been corrected. I hope, aside from this, you were able to enjoy your visit with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hank Davis had great suggestions. We were able to see all the sites and enjoy several local places too. His short cuts saved us valuable time to see more and do more! I would love to come back with more friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first night had loud music outside our window.
We moved rooms to a quieter room but it smelled.
They sold us a "family trip" at a great deal and then later told us that each child over eighteen was $50 each, amounting to $100 per night!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while you were here. We will definitely work to improve in these areas and ensure any pricing concerns are reassessed appropriately.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

$40 daily resort fee is total rip off. Offered local phone. Who needs that. WiFi service is poor and classes are not what I am interested in. Boats don’t run or only one so wait can be 45 minutes. Cost of food and drinks is outrageous.

2  Thank rickp863

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear much of what we offer at our property did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of renovating our tower, hopefully you will return and have a much more positive experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Firstly, let me get the good out the way. The location and the resort setting is beautiful. Now that’s done...
The Bad - This resort is pretty much exactly as has been reviewed. We stayed in the Ocean Tower. The rooms are very dated, it smelled very damp and whilst big the layout was odd. For such a large room the bathroom is tiny. The bed wasn’t very comfy but that’s always personal preference I think.
The view from the room was great but directly outside every room door is some trees with some wonderful but INCREDIBLY loud birds. It’s a nice experience once but waking up to that daily isn’t enjoyable.

The parking is VERY expensive and far from the ocean tower. We don’t mind walking at all but this is a long walk. You can take the train but the timings of these varies throughout the day/night.

The food isn’t great and incredibly expensive. Drinks choice is good but again expensive. Charging $40 per person for breakfast Per day is just absurd!

We asked for a microwave one day (As this was quoted as being in room already) and were quoted $30 for this service. Which honestly is just odd. I’ve never had that before.

We asked about why everything costs so much (on more than one occasion) and the response back from staff was always “because they can”. This was just a major turn off for us. It felt less like a vacation and more like a constant drain.

Would defiantly not recommend this resort to anyone as timeshare owners or just on vacation. Such a shame, it could be amazing given the location and amenities.

1  Thank Itislizard146

Thank you for reviewing our property. I apologize for the shortfalls you mentioned. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate managers. We are in the process of a major renovation over the next few years which will definitely enhance the already great views from many of our rooms. We hope you might return to experience these changes.