$409
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hilton Waikoloa Village(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
$238
$186
  • Pool
The Aeolian Residence(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
$50
Aston Shores at Waikoloa(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
$61
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 58% below average rates

The price you found is 58% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$514
$417
Hilton.com
$409
Priceline
Paniolo Greens Resort(Waikoloa)
2,353 results
All reviewsserenity poolgolf coursefull kitchenwater slidesbedroom suiteadult pooltime sharewild goatsstayed in buildingwasher and dryermain poolwaikoloa villagepool areamaster baththe main hotelgrand vacationtimeshare presentation
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We had reservations for the Hilton Waikoloa, but upon check in were told we were saying at Kings Land. It's a nice enough place, new, very clean, but not at all what we had planned, wanted, or expected. Bar didn't open until 11, so forget a bloody mary or anything else for my morning enjoyment while on vacation, and it closed at 6 PM. No restaurant, per se, though you could order food at the bar area. There was a little service bar available in the morning.

No much to count on with service help, either. Check out had me in line for 30 minutes while I waited with 5 others; only one person worked the desk.

They don't clean in your room, make your bed, nothing.

I might as well have been at home. Had to shop for food, cook, and clean. Not the full service vacation I had hoped for. In fact, Hilton pretty much ruined this leg of our vacation. I was very sad, disappointed, and out right angry.

No communication with the staff at either location would correct the problem. I called customer service 800 number and STILL have not received a phone call back from them.

All they want is your money. They could care less that this was the most expensive vacation I'd taken in YEARS, and the last I'll be able to take for many more, and they spoiled it for me with their poor communication about where exactly they were planning to put me and my family up for the night.

To boot, we were in a one bedroom suite for the 5 of us. When I learned on the last day that there were TWO bedroom suites available, and we didn't get one AFTER putting us up where we didn't even want to be, I was LIVID! My fiance and I had to sleep on the pull out couch while our 3 kids took the bedroom which had 2 beds.

Such a huge disappointment.

Hilton will never receive my business again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had a very nice stay here. We loved the condo, the lanai, the lawns behind the condo, and the wonderful pools.

Pros:

1. Very nice, new condos.
2. Beautiful grounds, lawn, maintenance.
3. Awesome swimming pool – multiple sections, 1. adults-only pool, 2. sandy, shallow pool with slide for little kids, 3. pool with a longer slide and waterfall, 4. Jacuzzi.
4. Access to Hilton Waikoloa Village, which has bigger pools, is more crowded, and has a lagoon with kayak etc. rentals. Also has the Dolphin Quest place.
5. North Kohala beaches are all nearby, access is quick, because you don’t have to cross many lights, and highway is nearby – unlike in Kilauea-Kona downtown where it may take more time to just get out of town.
6. Weber gas grills outside.
7. Kings and Queens Marketplace are nearby, so pretty decent options for grocery and fast food.

Cons:

1. Condos are not stocked that well, you may need to call room service to replenish items. Could use some barbeque tools as well.
2. Beach (A-Bay) is a little far away – you will have to drive to the beach. Not like the Mariott Waikoloa where you could walk to the beach, get into the water and come back to your room for a change and shower. Even the Hilton Waikoloa Village doesn’t have access to the beach.
3. Shuttle is only every 25 minutes – not on demand, and has a fixed route. They did give us parking passes to the Hilton Village though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Siddi
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite on the ground floor and we loved it! There was plenty of space in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, closets/drawers, and even outside our lanai! The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed. The microwave and oven worked great as did the washer and dryer.

The pool is absolutely fabulous and large enough for everyone to enjoy. It has a few slides and 3 waterfalls. There is also an area for volleyball, basketball, and a smaller kids pool. It was not crowded at all! The kids also enjoyed the game room while I liked the new equipment at the fitness center.

You have pool privaleges at the Hilton down the road so we thought we would go there everyday but we only went once! The kids actually enjoyed the pool at Kings Land more than the larger pool and beach at the Hilton. The Hilton pool and beach was much more crowded, cold, and windy so we stayed and played at King's Land.

Everyone was also very friendly and helpful at the resort. We ended up saving lots of money on meals because of the full well equipped kitchen. We plan on going back!

2  Thank familywith3greatkids
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Check-in was quick and easy.
Received 2 bedroom on 1st floor near grill and grass in back. Perfect for my 7 year old who could walk out and play with other kids at the resort.
When you check in - ask about extra beach items (which they have stored in the luggage area (boogie boards, etc). Check them out and use them at the beach at the main hotel.
Great having a washer and dryer, especially if you are going to swim in the ocean. They are a bit noisy - but glad they were right there in condo.
Having a full size kitchen was perfect, as kids pretty much eat on their own schedule.
Food is a bit expensive (as noted in the other reviews). Just go by COSTCO to do some shopping (just down from airport). There is also a target, sports authority, etc.

Rented a car. Don't get a four wheel drive / SUV unless you are really going to go 4-wheeling and pay for extra insurance. Also not sure if a convertable would also be worth the $$$ - and it was pretty windy the whole time. Really would just recommend getting an economy car to get you back and forth to hotels, resturants and tours. Spend the other money on something more fun or a nice resturant.

If you plan on doing the volcano trip - try to book 1-2 days over in Hilo (as it is a bit of a drive. If you have small kids, you may not want to make this drive).
Get the latest copy of The Big Island Reveal. Gives some good tips on places to eat, tours to take, and what to do / see.

If you rent a kayak and go over to captain cooks monument - be careful! The lava rocks are very slick and my husband fell down hard two times. Snorkeling is perfect and clear, be sure to get a two person kayak and may your husband do the work when you get tired :-)
Used the kids club at the hotel for 1/2 day and also for 1 full day. $70 for a full day - bit expensive, but it allowed us grown-ups to do another grown-up kayak and snorkeling tour.

Check out is at 10 a.m. Most flights out were later in the day = ours was 10:30 p.m. Checked our luggage and went to pool. They have showers and changing area at pool. They are not air-conditioned and are humid. We then took in a movie, did a little sight seeing and had dinner. If had to do it again, would have just booked the room for one extra day.

Overall - GREAT Time and GREAT property!

3  Thank chris_1_242
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here with our 2 and 3 year old kids in June. The property looked beautiful on line and we were really disappointed when we arrived. The front desk staff was clueless. When I asked for a suggestion of what we should do while we wait for out room to be ready, the woman suggested I take my 2 young kids to the work out room. Very odd. When we did check in to our room, it was not a suite as promised. It was more like an apartment that I stayed in in college. Granted, it was a beautifully decorated apartment, but lets not call it a suite. We found it to be very challenging to stay here with small kids. Our kids were jet lagged and woke up every day at 4 am. The pools opened up at 10 am. What are you supposed to do between 4 am and 10am? When the pool did open, it was freezing! It was quite unpleasant having to get into the freezing water with my kids and swim with goosebumps. The breakfast at the hotel was not adequate, only continental and the menu for lunch was greasy. I ordered a salad- the only healthy thing on the menu and it tasted old. The bar also closed at 5pm and there was nowhere on property to order food after 5. Again, very odd. It was too far to walk to the main hotel and once there, it was very stroller inaccessible. We were exhausted! I would definitely not recommend this hotel if you are staying with young children. We left early and will not return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family