2,387 results
All reviewsserenity poolgolf coursefull kitchenwater slidesbedroom suiteadult pooltime sharestayed in buildingwasher and dryermain poolwild goatswaikoloa villagepool areamaster baththe main hotelshuttle servicegrand vacation
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our condo is absolutely gorgeous...the kitchen is really nice...we've decided to use it! The bathrooms are awesome...huge showers! Beds are comfy. The outdoor area is well cared for and our lanai is exquisite.

It's also very quiet.

Restaurants close early so plan ahead!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flt587
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Kings' Land is a wonderful resort. We were in a two bedroom condo in bldg. 4 with a view of the serenity pool and the golf course, It was very roomy and comfortable. We were a short walk to the main pool. The buffet breakfast was a bargain with the bogo coupon and in comparison to other options in the area not a bad deal at full price. Everything was spotless and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely go again.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the older buildings to buildings 21 and 22. While they don't have the fancy toilets, they are larger and decorated in a more traditional style. Just my preference.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was our first experience at Kings Land and we loved it! Checked in with my husband, my daughter (18) and her friend (also 18). We were very pleased with the accommodations (they upgraded us to a 3rd floor unit in Phase I) although I did feel it was a long walk to get to the pool. We were in Bldg 11 at the very end. The kitchen was outfitted appropriately and did decide to have all our breakfasts in the room. We found our way to Costco a bit later in the week and decided we should have done that on the first day. Prices were so much better than in any of the grocery stores we shopped at near the resort. We barbecued one night and enjoyed that as much as going out!
We spent most of our time at the resort at the adult pool. This was extremely laid back and not crowded, although it was often hard to find an umbrella. I would like it if there were more available. We swam with the Dolphins one day at the Waikoloa hotel grounds (very fun activity) and although we offered to spend the day at the pool there, the girls preferred to "come back home" and use the Kings Land pool.
We went to the beach one day (there are many around but you will have to drive) but we enjoy the pool more! We did day trips almost every day and kept quite busy. None of us were ready to leave after our week. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dripps
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Kings Land for our first trip to Hawaii for 10 days. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and very convenient for large families. The front desk and concierge were extremely friendly and helpful with any questions or concerns. Yes, people complain that the property is desolate after 6pm with the only bar and restaurant closing by that time. This is recommended as a family resort and if you are making the most of your vacation by hitting the beaches or site seeing, quiet nights and early bedtimes seemed to be the norm. There are plenty of restaurants at the shopping center less than a mile away and there are constant shuttles to take you there. The marketplace is open till 11pm.
Cons: I wish they had some sort of convenient store that you could buy sunblock, goggles, drinks, chips etc.

Room Tip: Building #5 is where the pool is so I would recommend anything from building 3-5 or 7-9
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Maroneclan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We always loved to stay at kings land. It was our favorite hotel and we were hoping to have good experience. We checked in 7/4 for two nights. Here are our bad review:
1) Our first room was 22111. When We walked into the building, The door wasn't closed. Hmm that was strange to us.
2) after we got into our room, I was checking out the sofa bed..... And I found live moving RAT hiding under the cushion. I screamed and we rushed to the front desk. That was very first time I've ever seen a rat!I was Very disappointed and it made me feel so nervous and traumatized.
3) the front desk lady upgraded to bigger room and when we walked into the room, I was checking to make sure no rat was in our room.
4) the minor complaints: we found old stink towel in our washer, the phone was broke and sent someone to fix it after 10 without informing us, the tub was leaking, and I heard very loud thumping noise all night.
I did talk to the manager on duty about our issues but we were so disappointed about poor service and can't still believe that I saw the rat in the room. Kings land was my top list hotel but now, it is not anymore and we don't feel safe returning. which is very sad.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Whtjsal
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Let me first apologize for the incident with the "rat" and missed expectations. As you may know from previous visits, situations such as these are definitely not normal, and issues that we take very seriously. We work with a certified pest control company on a routine, periodic, and consistent basis, and have absolutely no issues with rodents of any nature throughout our property. The issues that you experienced in the room you were upgraded to are unacceptable to us as we'll, and have been addressed. We had just completed a yearly refurbishment of this room prior to you being assigned this room, again, I'm sorry we missed inspecting these areas. I'm glad you were able to work with our front office team and that we at least did not charge you for your first night of your two night stay in addition to being upgraded. I hope you may allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future, and if so, please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Wilbert Lee