$409
  • Beachfront
$243
$199
  • Pool
The Aeolian Residence(Waikoloa)(Great Value!)
$60
$514
$417
Hilton.com
$409
HotelQuickly
2,357 results
All reviewsserenity poolgolf coursefull kitchenwater slidesbedroom suiteadult pooltime sharewild goatsstayed in buildingwasher and dryermain poolwaikoloa villagepool areamaster baththe main hotelshuttle servicegrand vacation
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was our first experience at Kings Land and we loved it! Checked in with my husband, my daughter (18) and her friend (also 18). We were very pleased with the accommodations (they upgraded us to a 3rd floor unit in Phase I) although I did feel it was a long walk to get to the pool. We were in Bldg 11 at the very end. The kitchen was outfitted appropriately and did decide to have all our breakfasts in the room. We found our way to Costco a bit later in the week and decided we should have done that on the first day. Prices were so much better than in any of the grocery stores we shopped at near the resort. We barbecued one night and enjoyed that as much as going out!
We spent most of our time at the resort at the adult pool. This was extremely laid back and not crowded, although it was often hard to find an umbrella. I would like it if there were more available. We swam with the Dolphins one day at the Waikoloa hotel grounds (very fun activity) and although we offered to spend the day at the pool there, the girls preferred to "come back home" and use the Kings Land pool.
We went to the beach one day (there are many around but you will have to drive) but we enjoy the pool more! We did day trips almost every day and kept quite busy. None of us were ready to leave after our week. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dripps
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Kings Land for our first trip to Hawaii for 10 days. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and very convenient for large families. The front desk and concierge were extremely friendly and helpful with any questions or concerns. Yes, people complain that the property is desolate after 6pm with the only bar and restaurant closing by that time. This is recommended as a family resort and if you are making the most of your vacation by hitting the beaches or site seeing, quiet nights and early bedtimes seemed to be the norm. There are plenty of restaurants at the shopping center less than a mile away and there are constant shuttles to take you there. The marketplace is open till 11pm.
Cons: I wish they had some sort of convenient store that you could buy sunblock, goggles, drinks, chips etc.

Room Tip: Building #5 is where the pool is so I would recommend anything from building 3-5 or 7-9
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Maroneclan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We always loved to stay at kings land. It was our favorite hotel and we were hoping to have good experience. We checked in 7/4 for two nights. Here are our bad review:
1) Our first room was 22111. When We walked into the building, The door wasn't closed. Hmm that was strange to us.
2) after we got into our room, I was checking out the sofa bed..... And I found live moving RAT hiding under the cushion. I screamed and we rushed to the front desk. That was very first time I've ever seen a rat!I was Very disappointed and it made me feel so nervous and traumatized.
3) the front desk lady upgraded to bigger room and when we walked into the room, I was checking to make sure no rat was in our room.
4) the minor complaints: we found old stink towel in our washer, the phone was broke and sent someone to fix it after 10 without informing us, the tub was leaking, and I heard very loud thumping noise all night.
I did talk to the manager on duty about our issues but we were so disappointed about poor service and can't still believe that I saw the rat in the room. Kings land was my top list hotel but now, it is not anymore and we don't feel safe returning. which is very sad.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Whtjsal
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Let me first apologize for the incident with the "rat" and missed expectations. As you may know from previous visits, situations such as these are definitely not normal, and issues that we take very seriously. We work with a certified pest control company on a routine, periodic, and consistent basis, and have absolutely no issues with rodents of any nature throughout our property. The issues that you experienced in the room you were upgraded to are unacceptable to us as we'll, and have been addressed. We had just completed a yearly refurbishment of this room prior to you being assigned this room, again, I'm sorry we missed inspecting these areas. I'm glad you were able to work with our front office team and that we at least did not charge you for your first night of your two night stay in addition to being upgraded. I hope you may allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future, and if so, please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Wilbert Lee
Resort Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife, 14 year old son, and I spent a week in June on a special teaser rate to tour the timeshares.

Pros:
1) the pool is outstanding. Nice and quiet.
2) the bartenders are very strong ambassadors for the resort
3) the resort is convenient to Waikiloa Village and the Hilton hotel.
4) the rooms were very nice

Cons:
1) not close to the beach.
2) the buildings are widely dispersed so it was a long walk to the pool
3) the bar closed early and the restaurant hours were tight
4) some of the pans and utensils could have been cleaner

We enjoyed the Hilton Grande rooms and pool. The staff is very nice.

As much as you try to overlook the distance from the beach, it is an issue. I would not call this a resort, and a resort is what we enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our second trip to the Kings Land resort didn't disappoint us-but the new phase rooms sure did. On our last trip we stayed in the 'older' section and loved the rooms and the resort. This trip we had a 2BR & 1BR in the new phase-lets just say the rooms were a big disappointment! First of all, the bldgs. are set up as hotels with indoor hallways-very noisy. The floors are imitation(plastic) woven 'grass cloth'-very rough on the bare feet. The 1BR has no oven and if you are left handed it is very hard to cook as the 2 top stove is inches from the fridge. The bathrooms are another area that is lacking in detail vs the older phase. the toilet has a 'mock' bidet toilet seat that shifts when you sit on it-totally useless, not to mention that the toilet and the shower are right next to each other-so watch your feet if you don't want to turn on the light-you might stub your toe. The resort is first class-the new phase however isn't

Room Tip: ask for the older phase rooms. The 1br units in the new phase are small and the a/c don't get that cold-plus watch out if you are left handed and like to cook-1br new unit isn't for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family