My wife, 14 year old son, and I spent a week in June on a special teaser rate to tour the timeshares.
1) the pool is outstanding. Nice and quiet.
2) the bartenders are very strong ambassadors for the resort
3) the resort is convenient to Waikiloa Village and the Hilton hotel.
4) the rooms were very nice
1) not close to the beach.
2) the buildings are widely dispersed so it was a long walk to the pool
3) the bar closed early and the restaurant hours were tight
4) some of the pans and utensils could have been cleaner
We enjoyed the Hilton Grande rooms and pool. The staff is very nice.
As much as you try to overlook the distance from the beach, it is an issue. I would not call this a resort, and a resort is what we enjoy.