“Luxury in Hawaii for a great price!”

Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Waikoloa
Hilo, United States
“Luxury in Hawaii for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The King's Land at Hilton Grand Vacations is the most gorgeous and comfortable Hilton property on the Big Island of Hawaii. The design of the rooms, buildings, and pool is phenomenal - so gorgeous and so comfortable! This is an amazing place to take a family, but with a quiet adult section of the pool, even childless adults would love it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Mark T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Fontana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had a great time at the resort. The accommodation was great, the facfilities were great and we left the resort with very positive and pleasant memories. We loved the place. We will definitely stay at this resort the next time we are in Kona. We will also recommend it to our friends and family members who are considering going to Hawaii for any reason.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I just LOVE Kings' Land. I found everyone to be very friendly. The pool is absolutely fabulous whether you travel with children or as adults. There is ample space in the condos and they are beautifully furnished.
The main Hotel up the road has so many things to offer and the grounds are so well kept. there are any number of camera shots ready to go! The lagoon is a safe way to snorkel for beginners and has so many things to see. Fish, eels, sea turtles.
The Thursday night performance at Kings' Land is very similar to the expensive Luau at the main hotel and it is free!
I was sorry to hear the poor reviews as we have been twice and had such a wonderful time both times.
We will go again and again. I already miss it!

Room Tip: If you have walking issues as I do or small children, you would probably want to be in a building cl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at the HGVC Kings land in Waikoloa. The first week of our stay was in a three bedroom in building 5. The last three days of our trip was in a two bedroom in building 22. They were both very different.
The three bedroom was very nice. It was located close to the out door grills and had a nice balcony with a view of the ocean. The rooms were very nice. The kitchen was a bit small but well equipped. If we noticed that we needed something like a cheese grater or large salad bowl we called guest services and they sent our request without delay. We tried not to eat out too much so we stocked up at Costco and spent many nights cooking in the kitchen. The stoves are electric.
We had one huge problem with the three bedroom. The washer was combined with the dryer and took three hours to clean and dry one towel...yep you read that right, one towel. I called the front desk and they gave us access to another room to do our laundry. We began washing our clothes at 9 at night and went to switch loads in the morning. We were locked out of the other room and our clothes were locked in. I called the office again and they sent a new key and gave us an hour to finish up. This was only the first of many issues with the laundry situation. My sister and I both have kids and only packed a couple outfits, we needed constant access to the washer and dryer...anyway I am not going to keep writing about the laundry situation but it was frustrating to say the least.
On to the two bedroom. It was new and modern with carpeted floors and a smaller kitchen. The back patio was really nice. The washer and dryer worked :)

Stayed March 2014
Scottsdale, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I already made my comments. Entire experience was poor. Clieness of room and service at the desk was poor. The service were not at all like we have expienced at other Hilton hotels. There seem to be a mechancial enivoment at the desk where the usual warn and friendly attitude was not present. They answered questions but were short and not real helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Robert C. Trust... B
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Cleanliness and service are our top two priorities and so I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with positive experiences in both regards. While I’m also positive that your experience here is not normal, we will ensure we review your comments with our teams to avoid situations such as this from reoccurring.

Wilbert Lee
Resort Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

As I posted on the Hilton page, this is a terrific option if you want the bells and whistles of the Waikoloa property without having the stay in the ho-hum, expensive rooms. We LOVED this property. The landscaping is lush and extremely well-maintained, the pool complex while smaller, is significantly nicer than at the Hilton and the condo interior was gorgeous. Ours was in building 22 and while we did have a parking lot view, it was made up for by the truly lovely interior of the unit. Housekeeping seems to take great pride in what they do, the decorations are so tasteful and in keeping with Hawaii and it was terrific to have a full sized fridge and a table that comfortably sat four. The breakfast buffet was plentiful though there was a bit of a wait. Be sure to look through the packet they give you at check in. Not sure if this was standard but we got two free day passes to the spa and a two-for-one voucher for the breakfast buffet. Love, love, love this place - it made our trip because frankly I would have to say I only like, like, like the Hilton itself.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mead, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I decided to try the Kings Land for a week's stay on the big island at Waikoloa. I had received a call from HGVC (as owners) confirming my visit, the person in Orlando at the corporate headquarters informed me they we were upgrading me to the third floor with a terrific view in one of their larger 2BR suites. We had booked a 2 BR anyway since that was the only availability. I am unclear as to the people who are saying this was right one the beach, it is absolutely not on the beach. The Hilton Hotel is. At any rate, HGVC is once again devaluing the points system they have set up, just as they have with HHonors, turns out the upgraded room was a room that could be had for 12,400 points instead of the usual 7000. They are finding ways to shrink your allotments more and more as they sell and sell. And for the folks that are impressed with this property, they are building an additional 11 buildings to accommodate you. They had a nice pool, the accommodations were more like a typical hotel suite that you can get anywhere. That is to say the windows are at the end of the living area and bedrooms. It is built very different from any other HGVC properties we have been touring for the past 11 years. To the point, you come in through the door and it is a corridor type room, narrow, poorly lit in the living and kitchen area. Which it turns out to be a good thing since the floors are really scratched up in the kitchen. I had to call the front desk to ask them to send someone to come and clean the bathrooms that literally had urine all over the floor and the outside of the toilet. Additionally something important to note for everyone: check out time has now been moved to 10am. You would imagine with all the extra time allotted to them to clean, it would actually be clean. I was informed they now have 3 properties considered as resorts and now charge you a tremendously high number of points for. There are two other properties very nearby that are still superior (in my opinion) to the Kings Land. Their "superior" views are all of a golf course behind your suite. They have a great product, there is good service as you would expect from Hilton. But the value you receive for this stay is not anywhere close to what they are charging. We will not return to this property.

Room Tip: I am not too sure if there is really any difference between those on the ground level as opposed to...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Haneleij
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I’m sorry to hear of the of the issues you experienced during the reservation process. It is never in our best interest to devalue our point system, and I’m sorry you feel this way. It is always at your discretion as to how your points are utilized. Like other properties, we realize our location may not appeal to everyone, but we have found that it does appeal to the majority of our owners and guests. Cleanliness of our rooms and the maintenance of our property are extremely important to us, I profusely apologize that we did not meet expectations in this regard with your room. I appreciate your candor in this regard, as we will use this as a tool to ensure it does not happen again. I hope that aside from these issues, your visit to Waikoloa and our island of Hawaii was enjoyable.

Wilbert Lee
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waikoloa
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hilton Waikoloa Village
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations? Share your experiences!